Chapter Twenty Two.

Author's Note: This chapter is dedicated to the beautiful lady who wanted a comeback for Jenny. <3 This one's for you. :D

Picture of Kyle on the side.

Please vote!

*******

Chapter Twenty Two.
Kyle’s Point of View.

One of Madeline’s arms was looped through Ellie’s, and the other was linked with mine as we walked at a leisurely pace down the corridor. On my other side, was Charlie who had both of his hands shoved deep into the pockets of his trousers, his shoes scuffing against the linoleum floor as he walked, head tilted downward as he looked at the ground.

Although Ellie wasn’t in our Biology class, we had to walk past her drama classroom on our way, so she was walking with us. Her red hair was twisted up into a messy bun, and she was wearing a white cap-sleeved blouse that was tucked into a pencil skirt that stopped a couple of inches above her knees. Her slim legs were bare despite the biting cold of the December day, and on her feet were a pair of patent leather black pumps that had little bows on them. Madeline’s head was turned in Ellie’s direction as they talked, so all I could see of my girlfriend was her honey coloured hair, which was pulled back into a fish braid. Today, she was wearing a black t-shirt dress that was made out of thin, floaty material, and a thick pair of grey tights to keep her legs warm. On her feet was her regular pair of scuffed penny loafers.

I removed my arm from Madeline, instead slinging it around her shoulders. She turned her head, shooting me a surprised smile before she went back to her conversation with Ellie. I had no idea what they were talking about anymore- I had tuned out when they had begun to talk about girl stuff.

Soon enough, we arrived at the door of Ellie’s drama room. Madeline shimmied out from under my arm so that she could hug Ellie goodbye. Anyone would think that they wouldn’t be seeing each other for God knows how long. I rolled my eyes at their exchange, and Madeline smacked at my arm gently with the back of her hand before settling herself against my side again, a content smile on her face.

“So, you ready for your presentation?”

I asked Charlie, turning my head to look at him. He lifted his shoulders.

“I guess. Josh texted me to say he’s not in today, so I’m going to be doing the whole thing myself.”

It sounded to me as though Charlie was slightly bitter about the entire situation, his lips puckered into an unattractive pout.

“Cheer up, mate. It won’t be that bad.”

I clapped him on the back, and he shot me a glare.

“What?”

I asked innocently, a small smirk making its way onto my face as he glared at me again.

“You know what.”

He snapped.
I glanced at Madeline, who had a surprised look on her face.  She looked at me questioningly. My smirk widened as I looked at Charlie, who was shaking his head vigorously as I opened my mouth to speak.

“Don’t you dare tell her!”

He said, slapping a hand over my open mouth. I frowned whilst Madeline giggled.

“Get your hand off my face!”

I grumbled the words incoherently into the palm of my best friend’s hand. His hand remained over my mouth, so my tongue shot out and I swiped his hand with it, leaving behind a trail of saliva. Charlie’s hand instantly whipped away from my mouth.