Chapter23-Mind Reader

I stood in front of the old beaten house with a bad neighborhood. Memories of the last time I was here came rushing through my head. I can't believe that was so long ago.

I knocked on the door three times before it was opened. There stood Lucy, her hair looked messy and her eyes were filled with tears.

When she saw it was me, she gasped and suddenly looked angry.

"It's your fault!! You got Ryan sent to jail. How could you?!" She cried out. I stood there, simply staring at her with no emotion. "Well? Say something!"

"I can't believe you would marry such an asshole. Honestly, women are just so stupid these days." I said more to myself than her.

"Watch your mouth young lady!"

"You're not my mother. You don't get to tell me what to do." I said angrily but still kept my cool.

"I am your mother, whether you like it or not!" She hissed at me.

"You didn't raise me." I said in a deadly tone. "You didn't care for me." I hissed, inching closer to her. "And you never bothered to look for me, until now. But guess what? Now is too late." With that said, I turned around and left Lucy standing in shock.

I had been feeling bad for Lucy, thinking she's all alone. But I really wanted to stop feeling sorry for someone who was suppose to love me and still didn't. I knew the only way was to confront her, so I did.

I feel so much better now, like I have no pressure to worry about. Sadly that's not true, I have lots to worry about. Next week is Logan's birthday, and I have no clue what to get him.

Every time he's in my head, I think about how cocky, arrogant, childish, scary, and hot he is. That's literally all I can think of! I have like no clue what to get him. Let's see....

He's a bad boy...what do bad boys like? Motorcycles, but he already has one. Skulls-does he even like skulls? I think it's time for me to do some digging into what Logan is into. I want to give him the best present ever and I know this won't be easy.

*

"Logan?" I called out, my voice echoing. Logan's house is so big, I still haven't memorized where everything is. I didn't hear any response from Logan or anyone for that matter-meaning I was alone. Perfect.

I rushed my way to Logan's room. Knocking first, just to make sure no one was inside-they weren't-I walked in with a smile plastered on my face. Time to search for what Logan might like....

I started by opening his drawers, but all I came up with was lighters, knives, and a couple of random papers. I walked over to his closet, and boy was it messy in there. It didn't smell bad, but there was nothing except clothes and a couple of magazines of....things.

"Damn it..." I whispered. I can't find any clue to what he may or may not want!

"Jackie?" A male's voice called out. I'm pretty sure that's Logan, unless it's Ryder, which I doubt considering he recently left. I wonder to where though?

I snapped out of my thoughts and dashed out of Logan's room, I don't want him mad at me for going through his things. I casually walked down the stairs and spotted Logan in the kitchen eating like a pig.

"Sup!" I exclaimed cheerfully. Before he could say anything back, I took his sandwich from his hand and started eating like he previously did-a pig.

He groaned and glared at me. "Now I have to make myself another one." He pouted. Aw, he's adorable.

"Sorry." I apologized with an evil grin. I wasn't actually sorry because I was really enjoying the sandwich. Logan simply glared before starting a new sandwich.

"What have you been up to?" Logan asked me. I became tense and started choking on a piece of ham. "Woah, you okay?" He asked, patting and rubbing my back.

"Y-yeah...." I said, still having a hard time breathing. Jesus, I almost died.

"Are you sure? You almost died." It's like he reads my thoughts sometimes. Oh my god I really hope that's not true!

"I'm fine! Really don't worry about me." I stated with a forced smile. Can he read my thoughts?

"Of course I'm worried about you, you're my beautiful girlfriend." He said, kissing my cheek. I leaned into him but pulled away instantly, feeling guilty. He's so nice and I was snooping around in his room.

"Are you sure you're okay? You're a bit jumpy." He stated with a slight glare. I knew he could read my thoughts!!!

"I knew it! You mind reader!!!!!" I yelled frantically, pointing an accusing finger at him before running up the stairs.

"Jackie, what the fuck?!" He yelled after me. Soon he started running after me, which only caused me to run faster. I was always afraid of someone being able to read my thoughts and now Logan is doing it.

I ran into Elia's room and locked it. I was breathing harshly, you see I'm not much of a runner at times.

"Open the door Jackie!" Logan's voice startled me, as did his fist pounding on the door.

"I'd rather not..." I said awkwardly.

"I wasn't asking." he stated. I rolled my eyes at his demanding tone. "And don't you dare roll your eyes at me." He said. I instantly froze.

He really can read my thoughts! Holly crap.....what am I going to do? I can't have my boyfriend reading my thoughts, he'll always know what my presents for him are!!

"Jackie, please, open this door or I will knock it down." he said, getting frustrated and annoyed. He may be able to read my mind, but I'm able to annoy him to no end so.... I win!

"I don't think Elia would appreciate that." I simply said with a shrug, even though he couldn't see me. However he can probably read my thoughts and knowing that I shrugged.

Logan? Can you read my thoughts right now?

No answer. Mmmm, maybe he's not trying.

"Jackie! Dammit if you don't open this door I will eat you for dinner!!" Interesting threat.

"Sounds appealing honey!!!!" I exclaimed with a giggle.

"Than come out and let me eat ya." I could almost see him smirking with a big ass boner between his legs. Haha! Gross.

"Noooo, you mind reader." I said stubbornly.

"Jackie get out-mind reader???" his voice held confusion. We were obviously not on the same page...

"You can read my mind. Everything I do you somehow know." I stated as a matter of fact.

"That doesn't mean I can read your mind. It just means I know you too well." He said with a slight chuckle.

I sigh, I knew it was too good to be true. As much as it would suck to have someone know what you're thinking, it would still be cool to know that people can actually do that.

I opened the door and came face to face with Logan, who was smirking at me as if I was a joke. Damn him. "Did you really think I could read your mind?" he questioned.

"I was more hoping I could read minds rather than you. Turns out neither of us got the awesome power." I said with a dreamy stare.

"So you really thought I could read your mind?" he said, trying to contain his laughter.

"It was a rough morning." was all I said before he busted out laughing. I must be really dumb to make him laugh this much.

***

Another chapter for you guys, although this one is more of a filler.

Shoutout to the book "The Nerd Rejected the Badboy." written by xxUnicorn_Loverxx check it out! And have a wonderful day :)

~Lesley