Zayn's POV: Ch. 24

➡Zayn's POV:

We all rush to the bathroom once Lily starts to scream. Silently praying, we run in and see Niall tickling a bubbly Lily, much to our relief.

"Oh my god," Louis sighs in relief.

"Mate, you had us worried!" Liam yells at Niall but there's relief in his voice too.

"Sorry," Niall mumbles apologetically.

"It's alright. At least Lily's okay," I reason.

"Yeah," Harry agrees.

We all sorta stand there and watch our beautiful daughter play in the bath. She gets distracted so easily. Just got tickled and started screaming in laughter then starts to play in the bath, incident forgotten. It looks like she forgot we were in here also.

After a few moments, Lily looks up and fear is in her eyes. No.

"W-who are y-you?" She stutters.

"Lily, I need you to please calm down. We're here to help, not hurt. We're here to love and care and spoil you," Louis whispers softly.

I've heard those words before, I realize with a start. It's basically the same thing Louis said to Lily on the car ride on the way to the doctor's.

"But-but, who are you?" She repeats.

"We're your family," I respond quietly.

"Why don't I remember you?" Her stuttering is gone replaced by curiosity.

"Because you have a head injury that makes you forget stuff," Niall explains in a tender voice.

"Oh." A pause then, "Hi! Why are you all in here?" Lily is back and remembering.

"Well, uh, just wanted to see how you were doing," Harry lies.

"I'm doing good," she responds politely.

"That's, um, really good," I say then leave quickly. That was awkward, honestly. Liam and Harry follow me out. I guess Lou wanted to keep an eye on Niall so he doesn't pull anything like that again.

"Whew!" Harry says, pretending to wipe sweat off his brow.

"Yeah. I'm hungry," I state and wander off to the kitchen.

"Zayn, are you okay?" Liam asks with a smile.

"Yup," I repond, popping the p.

I grab some pretzels and strawberries, not really realizing what I just grabbed and how gross it is together. I'm actually not okay, I'm worried, but I don't even know what I'm worried about. I just have a gut feeling something is going to go bad.

And they're usually right.

I sigh and walk back to my room. We have a concert tonight, four plus hours, and then we leave for Ireland tomorrow.

Niall has been talking about going forever! It's all he's been blabbing his mouth about, which is fine, but it starts to get annoying like Lily when she can count to five on her fingers because Liam taught her. Cute but gets annoying after about three times.

I smile at the memory of Lily first counting. I have a video of it on my phone, all the lads do, and I've sent it to so many people.

I sigh and just sorta plop down in the hotel hallway. I have no idea what's wrong with me today, I'm just not in it. Oh well, at least on stage tonight I can act stupid with not a care in the world.

Our fans are the best.

Perrie surprises me and sits next to me. "What's up?" She asks.

"The sky," I respond, sounding like Louis.