Chapter 17

We were walking into the house as it was getting dark. We walked into the sitting room holding hands. I tried to talk Peter into not holding my hand so no one got mad at him and all I got was the response, "I don't care, you're my mate and that's all that matters." So we walked in and stopped in the doorway of the sitting room. All the werewolves were there, and even Bishop was. 

"I'm so glad you guys are back." Patricia told us with a smile. Then her eyes traveled down to where our hands were entangled. A huge smile spread across her face, "I see you two have found out." 

Everyone saw our hands and all hell broke loose. I couldn't understand anything anyone was saying. I buried my head into Peter's shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me, being all protective of me. I welcomed it wholeheartedly.  

"SILENCE!" Steve's alpha voice quieted everyone with sudden quickness. All eyes were on him even Bishop's and mine. "What is wrong with you?! My son is your new alpha and from what I've heard it sounds like you just disrespect him." The last part came out as a powerful growl that made everyone flinch, but he was pissed and far from done. "I am outraged at you, my own pack mates! You have disrespected the vampires which disrespects me! And your luna! You all should be ashamed! We found out who my son's mate is and we brought her here. To be protected as the next luna should be. But no! You do not trust your alphas! Don't you know we wouldn't bring in two vampires without reason!" Patricia grabbed his arm telling him that was enough, he shook her off, "One other thing. You want to know why they were in the foster system to begin with...." Then he told Bishop and my story and ended by saying, "These two were the first vampires you've ever met, you guys judged them without a thought and they are the ones who have the right to judge, to hate us! But no, they give us a chance and you guys can't even give them the same chance!" His eyes were narrowed and all the werewolves had their heads down in respect and shame. 

It was Patricia's turn to speak, "Now everyone, we will go on a run tonight and you future luna and her brother will join us. They are not to be hurt. I have no doubt Ariana will fight to the death for her brother, and do you want to be the cause of our packs soon to be luna's death?" No one answered, a few shook their heads but that was it. "Good! Now go get ready!" Her command made everyone jump up into action and soon the room was clear of everyone expect the alphas and their son....and me. My brother had run off with the werewolves.  

"Ariana, I'm sorry that you had to see that, and for their disrespectfulness." 

"It's okay, Patricia," I told her softly, looking down at my and Peter's feet. 

"Well you two go get ready," Peter's father's voice was still full of anger. Then Peter quickly dragged me up and into his room.  

His room was dark coloured. Everything was either black or a colour close to it. He sat down in the middle of the floor and I sat down in front of him in between his legs, not weirdly or anything but it was nice. He even wrapped his arm around my waist. We just sat like that until we were called down stairs for my first "run" with a pack of werewolves. 

~~~ 

Bishop 

I couldn't believe it. We were brought here 'cause my sis is to be the next luna?!?! What the f*ck is a luna anyways?  

Somehow one of the werewolf chicks and me were walking alone and she was hot! For a werewolf. She couldn't seem to be able to make up her mind about me. Yes, I can read minds. Well no one knows that, not even Ariana. Well I can't read her mind but I know her well enough I might as well be able to. But this chick was f*cking funny! She was arguing...with herself!  

I chuckled. Her head snapped around so fast I thought it might snap off.  

She narrowed her eyes and stated angrily, "Do you have a problem? 'Cause if you do I'll put you in your place, I don't care if you are the future luna's brother, I'll rip your head off! You're just a player, you stink of one!" She wrinkled up her nose. 

"Hey, that hurt." I pointed at my heart. "Right here."  

She rolled her eyes, "Sure it did." Then she stormed off. I smiled to myself, 'Now that one is a sassy b*tch.' I watched her walk away, 'She hot too.' When I made it into my room I put on running clothes not quite sure what else to do. I then jogged lightly downstairs to wait for the others. In the back of my mind I was still thinking about that sassy b*tch. 

~~~ 

Peter 

Wow, I have my own mate, right here, in my arms. I smiled. I couldn't believe it, my mate was the most beautiful woman in the world. I was so lucky and I just wanted to stay here with her in my arms but I knew all too well how important this run would be. I breathed in Ariana's addictive smell.  

I suddenly wondered if she thought I smelled like a dog. I was about to ask when we were called downstairs. I grabbed my mate and carried her in my arms. At first she freaked out and I just smiled as she wrapped her arms around my neck. 

I set her down. She looked up at me with those emerald green eyes of hers and smiled up at me. I smiled like an idiot which made her blush and look down. I grabbed her hand and dragged her outside were the rest of my...of our pack was.  

"There you two are." Bishop said as he punched me in the arm. I smiled at him and returned the punch. 

"Okay. Everyone in a car." My mom told us as she pointed to the cars. We piled into the cars then drove over 25 miles from the house. By the time we got to where we were going, the moon was always raising into the star light sky. 

We got out of the cars and I turned to Ariana and asked, "How would you like to ride on my back as the pack runs?"  

"Um what about Bishop?" She looked at her brother full with worry. "I don't want to leave him alone."  

"If he wants I'll let him ride on my back," Lanie told her softly. 

Ariana smiled, "Thanks." Then Lanie walked over to Bishop and they started talking but I zoned out and looked at my mate. Then I wrapped her up in my arms then smiled as I felt her snuggle closer to me. I kissed her forehead. Then I pulled back and kissed her lightly on her full lips.  

The kiss only lasted a few seconds but it was the best kiss I'd ever had. When I pulled away I saw her surprised expression I smiled. 'Prefect timing.'  

Then I shifted into my werewolf. My werewolf had lush dark brown fur. I was huge too. All werewolves are. My wolf hated my mate's brother but I knew if my wolf or I killed him Ariana would hate me and I could never have that.  

While I zoned off my packmates shifted into their wolves and my beautiful mate had gotten on my back.