Hysteria

OVER FEW OF HYSTERIA

Imagine a land. A land not like ours. A land where nobody could hide behind a mask of pretty flesh. In this land your true soul reflects onto the image of your face. They have jagged teeth and gaping holes for eyes. They have claws on their hands, like the long talons of a flesh eating bird. These people are more animal than human.

            It is ruled by a clan of hideous people, called the Watchers. They live in a crimson castle, said to be painted out of the blood of the murdered. They sit around, trying to make themselves look pretty with material objects and millions of dollars worth of jewels. It is a high privilege in this retched place to be a Watcher. You are at the top of the food chain. You control whom ever you want, whenever you want. You can kill simply out of boredom.

            But the girl we will be following through this story is not one of the Watchers. She is but a poor, unfortunate child who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She is one of the few of the Good Souls. Her face looks today as what you would call beautiful. She has full red lips and crystal blue eyes. Her skin is the color of porcelain and is framed by thick black hair. She is a purely good person, inside and out.

            Her parents have hid her well, tried to keep her out of the sight of the Watchers, but she can’t stay hidden forever. As you see, the Watchers kill the few pretties. They peel off the skin from their faces and hang it on their wall, to glare at them and wish that they could be what they were. There has not been one of these Good Souls in over three decades. But once the Watchers find this young girl, she will be surely dead.

Ophelia. That is the girl, the Good Soul. She lives in Hysteria. But she does not know the hardships of this forsaken land. She has never left her sheltered home. Her parents tend to her; make sure she does not leave. They could never bare to see their only child at the mercy of the Watchers.

            She has never met anyone but her mother and father. She does not know what Hysteria is really like. Soon she will. All too soon her innocence that not many can pertain will be ripped away from her. She will learn the terrors of her home land. Can she escape it?

            From the brief over view you can tell this is a place like no other. A place where the damned are sent. A place where no love exists. Some may compare it to hell; others say it’s beyond the capability to descried. Not many from the Outside have seen this horrid place. But the ones who are born here know how to stay out of the view of Watchers. They know how to kill. They know what it means to look hideous. They know what true pain is. This is a land you will have nightmares about until the day you die. This is the land known as Hysteria.