Chapter Ten

For the past three days, Roger only ignored me. It wasn't totally his fault though. I made no effort to try and talk to him. We just went on, living our lives separately in a single bedroom apartment.

It was fairly easy to do, as he was gone for work long before I woke up in the morning and didn't come home until late at night.

I hated to admit it, but it was terribly boring here without Roger bothering me. I was still angry at him for kidnapping me, but I became increasingly lonely without him around.

Several times I'd gone outside the building with Andrew. He took me to hot spots around town; famous museums, parks, and delicious restaurants. Yet no matter how much fun I had exploring, there was a constant empty feeling inside of me.

Whenever Roger came home, he would say a quick hello and head out to the gym. Or at least I think he went to the gym. He had on exercise clothes, regardless. As soon as he came back from wherever he had gone, slightly sweaty and red in the cheeks, he took a shower and went to bed.

It was 8:55 pm, five minutes before he usually came back from work.

Tired from our vigilant silence, I decide that wherever he was going tonight, I'd come with. Whether he liked it or not.

The keys began to fumble in the lock and I fidgeted on the sofa, trying to look natural and not like I had been hopelessly staring at the door, waiting for him to come back to me.

The door opened and I picked up a pillow, staring at the swirly gold patterns that decorated the fabric. My eyes are a little too wide, and my face a little too red.

God damnit.

He barely looked at me as he enters the apartment and shoots a 'hey' in my direction.

I sit up with a bright smile.

"Hi," I reply in a chipper tone.

He looks at me, puzzled, but covers it up with a smirk.

"Miss me?" He walked into his bedroom and closed the door before I could respond.

I groan, getting up and marching after him.

"No!" I call to him. I hear a chuckle alongside a shuffle from behind the door.

"Where do you go all the time anyways?"

He opened the door, stepping up to me. He wore his baggy black shorts and t-shirt with black sneakers and a large blue bag strung over his shoulder.

We faced each other, nearly touching, and I peered up at his smug expression. I was acutely aware of his height and it affected me.

"Now is that any of your business?"

I frowned, "Well no. But-"

"But what?"

I let out a breath in exasperation, "Well it's boring as hell here all alone. I want to come with you."

His gaze is calculating.

I give him my sweetest smile, a dimple forming on my right cheek.

He smiles, almost mocking me, and I know he is about to shut me down.

"No," is his response. I'm not surprised and I am not giving up.

My smile drops into that of a beggars face instantly, "Please, Roger? I'm tired of just sitting her all alone. Theres nothing to do in here." He walks to the kitchen, grabbing an apple from the fridge. He takes a large bite, staring amusedly at me.

I clasp my hands together, "Please."

Roger's mouth quirks up, "Fine, put on your shoes."

I grin, bouncing on my feet, "Okay!" In one swift motion I turned on my heels and ran to the closet, putting on my sneakers, cropped yoga pants, and a baggy black t-shirt with a purple sports bra. I tied my hair up in a high pony and walk straight to the living room.