XIV.

* This chapter may or may not contain grammatical errors and typos. *

* * * * * * *

Tyler's POV

"What?" I gaped.

"Since there aren't any other rooms available, you'd have to bunk with Hunter! Isn't it exciting?" Janice squealed.

"No," I deadpanned.

Hunter placed his hand on my knee and gave it a painful squeeze, making me jump in surprise. I leaned over to his ear. "That fûckin' hurts!" I hissed, whispering it so nobody hears it.

"We're not married yet, so I'd rather he sleep with Nathan. Otherwise, I'll just move out so my parents can have the room."

"No, Tyler. You have to sleep with Hunter!" my dad commanded. I don't know if there was a hidden meaning behind what my dad had just said, but I'm not ready to give my virginity away to someone who can't even figure out his feelings for me. I'd be more willing to if he'd only tell me he likes me — better yet, loves me.

I stared at him for as long as I can, mentally willing him to change his decision, but to no avail. I knew I was going to lose if I argued against it anyway, so I just sighed in dejection. Hunter, who was sitting to my right, wrapped his left arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He then turned his head and kissed my temple.

Uh... Normal Hunter wouldn't have done that. I thought to myself.

I blushed in front of my parents and all of a sudden, I heard 'awws' and cooing in the background. I buried my face in Hunter's neck to hide my embarrassment, but it only worsened the teasing. Trying to find refuge, I hugged Hunter tightly, wishing I would just disappear so I wouldn't have to suffer through this, but I was brought back to reality when Hunter just chuckled.

His chuckle was the sexiest thing I've ever heard. His voice was deep with a playful tone and I felt his chest pump to his breathing as he laughed. Then he protectively covered me with his warmth and both of his arms were tightly wrapped around my torso.

I loved this feeling; I felt very safe and comfortable in Hunter's arms. I don't exactly know what gave me the courage to do this, but I can always give the excuse to Hunter that I was just playing along so the elders won't suspect anything. However, I can't help but hope and wish that he feels exactly the same about me although I really don't know what's going on in his mind.

"You guys are so cute together!" Janice teased. I heard my mom squeal along with her and I can already tell that they were jumping in their seats.

"You guys are so sweet too!" my mom added. I remained buried in the crook of Hunter's neck and he continued to hug me tightly to him.

I took a deep breath of his scent and I reveled in the smell of his very elegant cologne that screamed manly to my senses. His left hand that was placed on the small of my back started its up-and-down motion on my back to try to soothe me. It worked.

When my embarrassment settled down,  I "played along" to Hunter's show and gave his neck butterfly kisses. After the third one, I pulled away and pecked his cheek. He turned to me and gave me a faint smile to which I kissed the corner of his mouth. His eyes briefly turned darker before changing back to its normal state.

Hmm... No complaints.

I beamed a smile directly to his face, trying to analyze what that look in his eyes were, but nothing was coming to my mind. 

The elders kept talking about each other's lives considering it's been over two decades since they last met each other. I was amused by the stories of their childhood and I can tell that they all really love each other. This was probably why they wanted me and Hunter to get married — because none of them had a daughter and we were the last resort.