Chapter Two

Sorry for any errors :)

A week passed, and the day for camp to start finally arrived. Everyone met at the edge of the woods at 6am, which was a struggle for some people who sleep in like Naruto, who had already started complaining. The weather was rather cold, as it was the beginning of winter, and clouds were blanketing the entire sky. Itachi and a few other teachers rounded the students up and called the role, also giving out food packs, tents, blankets and other essentials. “Now it looks like it might be a cold and rainy night so make sure to keep warm okay. If anything goes wrong just light your beacon and one of your senseis’ or I will be at your location shortly. Okay have fun. I’ll meet you at the other side of the forest in five days!”

Day One

It hadn’t even been five minutes and Sasuke was already contemplating killing Sakura. All four of them had just started to walk to the first designated camping area, with Naruto and Sasuke carrying the heavier items like the sleeping and cooking equipment, and the girls carrying food and clothing. Naruto was leading the group, as he was so excited; trailing close behind was Hinata, who was enjoying the scenery and Naruto’s smile. Sasuke was a bit slow because his load was heavy, and of course Sakura was walking next to him, trying out lame pickup lines, which Sasuke was blatantly ignoring. “Hey Sasuke”, Sakura winked, “You’re a picture frame and I wanna bang you against a wall”. Naruto heard the comment and cracked up laughing. “Sakura you’re so desperate you know that? Sasuke is obviously gay you idiot”. “HE IS NOT GAY YOU JERK”, “I AM NOT GAY NARUTO”, both Sakura and Sasuke yelled almost in unison. Sakura was more pissed then Sasuke himself and fell into a blind rage. “YOU’RE JUST JEALOUS NARUTO YOU IDIOT”, she roared and started sprinting towards Naruto- fist in air. “Shit!”, Naruto screamed and jumped up a nearby tree, which Sakura followed. Soon the two were nowhere in sight. Both Hinata and Sasuke stood in silence for a good minute in shock.

“Great.. Bloody great!”, Sasuke snapped, throwing all his stuff on the ground. “They had ONE thing to do. ONE thing. You would think they would know how to follow a trail”. He sat down and dropped his head into his hands in frustration. “THEY’RE CHILDREN I TELL YOU!”.

Hinata felt the awkwardness of the situation and decided to sit down with him, she was kinda angry too because she really wanted to get to the campsite before midday. “ Sasuke its okay.. you know them, Naruto is too childish for his own good.. and Sakura is well..”

 “A slut?”, Sasuke blatantly replied.

Hinata giggled and passed him a flask of water “Yeah that. Just leave them. We have the tent and food and they have clothes and a stove. They’ll be back soon trust me Sasuke. I know how much you want this to go through smoothly”.

Sasuke was stunned that Hinata was talking normally for once- he hadn’t seen this side of her ever, it was like she was a completely different person. She had actually made him feel better about their current situation! He gladly accepted the flask and took a drink. “Sorry for yelling and stuff but I had to work with both those idiots when I was younger… It was hell”. Hinata smiled and took a drink when he handed the flask back. “Don’t apologise… It’s fine. Well we better get to the campsite”. “Sure thing”, Sasuke smiled.

------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well there it is… Fucking finally”, Sasuke sighed in relief as Hinata and himself finally reached the campsite, it was near a fast flowing creek, and the sound of the water was calming. “This is actually beautiful”, Hinata said in awe. Sasuke couldn’t help but admire how cute Hinatas smile was, and that she had also blossomed into a lovely woman- she wasn’t an awkward kid anymore. Sasuke also didn’t notice he was staring at her. Hinata released this and suddenly went red “Uhm… S-Sasuke are you okay? A-Are you sick?”