A Stranger I Know

Chapter 1:

Green eyed, scary... yet intriguing, only way I could describe him. He had dark black messy hair and thin bitter lips. I found him standing in front of me, staring at what, I don't know, but definitely not me. His eyes were focused on something he found interesting. I followed his gaze but I couldn't see a thing, well I could see some things but none that were interesting enough to prevent the gazer from looking at me. Hey, I may not have been drop-dead gorgeous like those models you saw on TV, but I was certainly pretty, even with my deep red hair and the brown freckles on my nose. I shifted and hit this metal which made a sound. Yeah, what a way to get attention! He turned towards me and uttered something in what I presumed was Italian. I was not very good in languages. 

I didn't understand what he said, but the manner in which he said it suggested it was an insult. 

"Excuse me, I don't speak Italian", I said and somehow my throat suddenly went dry. 

"I know, neither do I. It's Portuguese", he groaned. 

Damn! Was his voice even sexier than his body, or what? I felt embarrassed and colour drained from my face in a second. 

" Oh, what does it mean?" I asked carefully. 

"It means...never mind. It is best if you go home young lady", he drawled in his Portuguese accent. 

Whoa! Where did he get off telling me what to do? 

"I..." I started. 

"Time for talking is over. Go home now", He growled. 

"Why?" I protested. 

"Humans!" he said. Before I knew it, I was in his arms and he was running in what I presumed was 80km/h, something unnatural for the average human being... too strange! It didn't even feel like his feet were touching the ground. Nevertheless, I felt safe in his arms, like I was born to be there. 

We came to this huge house and once we were inside, he stopped and put me down. 

"Where the hell are we? Why did you bring me here, in fact, who asked you to bring me here? Who the hell are you?" I yelled at him. 

"To answer your questions, we are at my family house, Chrystal Brooks Avenue, Marilyn Park. I brought you here because you were in danger, I needn't be asked and the name is Shane Dos Santos Valerio. Now, I've got to go. You can stay here or you can go if you know the way. If you decide to stay, don't open the door to anyone", he said, and in a second he was gone, leaving a cold breeze behind him. 

"What kind of danger was I in?" I shouted behind him, but I doubt he heard me.

Suddenly my knees felt weak, like I had been the one running. I sat down unconsciously. The sofa was so soft, I didn't want to move. My eyes started dropping. I was halfway to dreamland when a knock woke me up. I stood up so quickly you could swear the sofa had bitten or burnt me. My thoughts came into focus. What was I doing there? The knock sounded again. I closed my eyes and begged God to make the person go away. I suppose he didn't hear my prayer because the person knocked again. I was panicking now, Shane's words came back to me, "If you decide to stay, don't open the door to anyone". Why on earth did I decide to stay? The answer was obvious. 

"Damn my stupid body!" I cursed under my breath. 

The way my heart was beating, it was so loud I didn't hear a key being inserted into the lock. The door swung open slowly, as if the person was afraid to walk in. I stood frozen to the spot. A dark haired emo-teenager of about 18 came into my view. She was so stunning. She had jet-black long hair, full pouty lips and ocean-blue piercing eyes. She wore dark make-up.