8. Because I'm your girlfriend and you love me.

Chapter Eight.

"We are free! Yay!" I declared happily, walking out of our last class.

Lau chuckled next to me, "That wasn't so bad to be our second day of school,"

"Yeah," I agreed, "I'm glad it's finally over though," Lau passed an arm over my shoulder as we walked down the hallway.

"You want a ride home?" she offered, shuffling my hair.

"Nope," I couldn't help giggling, "Already have one,"

Lau stopped walking, raising an eyebrow, "Is that so?"

"Yes, my boyfriend is coming for me," God, I loved saying that.

My boyfriend,

My Evan,

Mine.

I mentally giggled.

"Stop giggling!" Lau reprehended me playfully. Apparently, my giggles were not only inside my head.

"I can't help it," I shrugged my shoulders, "Come on, let's move, he's probably waiting for me already,"

"Keep him waiting for a little," Lau said as we started walking again, "It makes them eager and nervous,"

"Since when are you an expert on this?" I questioned.

"I've learned a lot lately. I never thought I'd say this but," she paused for a second, "Spending time with Shane can be educational, he's like a mine of men information,"

"And I never thought I would hear the word educational and Shane in the same sentence," I said honestly.

"He's full of surprises," she commented whilst we were walking out of school.

"How is he doing by the way?" I asked curiously, scanning the parking lot.

"He's alright, been partying and drinking a lot lately though. Jo is worried," I smiled at the fact that Lau called her boyfriend Jo, how sweet! However, my smile faded when I took in her words.

"Drinking and partying, huh?" I replied worriedly.

"Yes, it's like he wants to forget the world around him," Lau looked at me and we shared that best friends' gaze that tells everything without us saying a word.

"I should talk to him, shouldn't I?" I wondered aloud.

Lau sighed, "You probably should. He's a good guy behind that whore façade,"

"I know," I agreed, running my fingers through my hair, "It's just... complicated now,"

"I know, Jules but he hasn't been listening to Jo or me, not even his parents. Maybe he will listen to you,"

"Because I'm the cause of his downfall, aren't I?"

"No," Lau shook her head, "I didn't say that. You're not responsible for this. You can't tell your heart who to love, it's impossible."

I sighed and looked around the parking lot once more. I spotted Evan's black car and my heart started beating fast in excitement.

"Isn't that your boyfriend?" Lau asked, aiming her finger at a group of people a few cars away. I squinted my eyes, looking closely. Evan was surrounded by three girls. He obviously stood out of the group due to his height. For a moment, I ignored the girls and drooled over him.

He was looking hotter than usual that afternoon.

He was wearing white capris shorts, a long-sleeved black shirt and black and white vans. His thin, straight hair was combed in a wavy, disheveled way, giving him a carefree appearance. It framed his handsome face messily. He had his hands inside his pockets, talking to the girls. God, his lips looked absolutely inviting under this light.