Chapter 10

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story. It belongs to J.K Rowling, this is just my version of what she came up with.

I hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10

We all walked into the Ministry slowly and warily. The Ministry was strangely empty and the lights were dim. The only sound was the steady lapping of the water as it fell out of the golden fountain.

I looked around the place and saw that the security center was completely empty...there was absolutely no one here. How odd. This just wasn't right.

" Something is off...I can feel it...look...theres no one in the security center... I'm sure their absence is an ominous sign." I said grimly.

Neville gulped at my comment and turned green. " You're right... the security center is always full of wizards... this could be a trap."

" If it is...oh well... we came here on a mission." Harry said as he looked toward the lift.

" Wow... this place is huge..." Hermione said completely oblivious to our conversation as she stared around at the place in awe.

" I hate it here." I said bluntly as I glared at the place as I thought of all the rude wizards who were mean to my mom and I when Sirius ran for it.

Ron chuckled at my attitude and then said " So where to? Where is this department of mysteries?"

" It's this way....follow me." I said somewhat reluctantly as I made my way to the lift.

We got to the lift and I pressed the nearest down button. A lift clattered into sight almost immediately,  then the golden grilles slid apart with a great, echoing clanking and we dashed inside. My feeling of foreboding only increased as I pressed the number 9 button. The grilles closed with a bang, and the lift began to descend, jangling and rattling. I had never noticed how noisy the lifts were on the day my mom and I came to the ministry to be questioned about the whereabouts of Sirius. I'm sure that the sound would raise every security person within the building, yet when the lift halted the cool female voice said " Department of mysteries," then the grilles slid open again, we stepped out into the corridor where nothing was moving but the nearest torches, flickering in the rush of air from the lift.

Harry stood staring at the plain black door. I could feel his emotions. After months and months of dreaming about it, he was here at last....he was very curious and intrigued.

" Let's go... Harry whispered, as he led the way down the corridor.

Harry stood in front of the black door almost as if he was in a trance. He couldn't believe that he was here. I slowly inched past him and turned the door knob and entered into the large circular room. I had never been in here personally...but I heard all about it from the order. Everything in here was a shiny black, including the floor and ceiling. The walls had torches that shone a pretty blue flame...their shimmering light reflected in the shining marble floor so that it looked as though there was dark water underfoot. There was also about a dozen doors that were in the circular room. This place would be pretty and mysterious, if it wasn't so terrifying to think Sirius could be being tortured through one of these doors.

" Someone shut the door.." Harry said as he walked deeper into the room.

As soon as Neville had obeyed him there was a great rumbling and the circular wall started to rotate so that the doors weren't in the same position.

Hermione cowered and grabbed Harry's arm as though frightened the floor might move too, but it did not. Then as soon as the moving had started...it stopped.