Chapter one.

“Hey Faith! Wait!” I heard behind me. I turned around and saw my best friends Caleb, Finn and Nathan running towards me. I actually don't have any girl friends, never liked the girl drama. “Why are you guys always late?” I asked when they walked next to me. “Why are you always early?” Finn asked and winked. I rolled my eyes, but laughed. We walked towards our school. Yeah, we walked. We don't have bikes, or school buses, or a car. Our hometown is separated in two parts, poor and rich and we're the poor ones. Now don't feel sorry for us, we all have an house, and we can live. We just don't have a lot of money like the rich people in our town have. If you don't have your own bathroom, swimming pool or cinema, you'll be considered as poor. That's just how it works.

After 3 hours of boring classes, we sat down and had lunch. “What are your plans for the weekend?” Caleb asked. “I don't know, sleep in, watch movies, make some homework,” I said. The boys started to laugh. “Right Faith, making homework? In the weekend?” Finn said, with a stupid smile on his face. “I have a lot of tests next week, you know I don't want to fail!” I said, putting my hands in the air. “You're too good,” he said. I smiled at him. Yes, I always make my homework and learn my ass of for tests. When I'm done with school, I want to go to the university. So I won't be judged on my value, but on what I can do. Something people in this town still don't get.

After saying goodbye to the boys, I entered my house. Don't picture an hut or something, I just live in a terraced house. I smiled when I saw my mom. “Hey,” I said and sat on the couch. “Hey,” my mom said. She had soft, light brown, curly hair. I looked a lot like her, except for my eyes. She had brown eyes, mine were blue. I talked about school and went upstairs to do my homework. And that is how my life was. Until a stupid rich boy came in and ruined everything.

A/N: Hey guys! This is the first time I publish one of my stories. I know it's a short chapter but there is so much waiting for you! I hope you guys like it. You'd make my day if you leave a comment! (: