Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

"Are you sure you can't pull a sickie to fly out with me back to Washington?" Nova asked when she pulled me into a hug.

"I wish I could but the dragon lady is very strict." I gave her hand a tight squeeze as I stepped back making sure I didn't bump into anyone in the busy terminal.

"The dragon lady." She laughed.

"Yeah the woman you saw at the desk when I went for the interview. The way she goes on is like she owns the place." I blew out an exasperated breath blowing my bangs from my face. The woman just like to give orders. Going around checking that my work was up to standards and moaning at me for every little detail.

"Have you met them yet?" Nova whispered to me.

I suspiciously looked around to make sure we were not over heard. When I signed the confidentiality agreement I was not allowed to talk about my employers. Last thing I wanted was to be fired yet again.

"No." I said honestly. "But I heard many rumors about the east wing. And no one is allowed to go there. Except a butler call Alfred."

"Like in batman. Alfred." Nova grabbed my hand tightly. "Don't tell me the man is like a vigilante going out at night dressed in spandex tights?"

I laughed at her face in bewilderment. "Have you seen anyone fitting that description on the news?" I withdraw my hand from her grip. "I haven't seen the Wentworth heir. From what the maids says he is always in the east wing and only his family is permitted there. I guess I may be lucky to see him at the ball two days."

"Too bad I be flying to Paris. My boss got the gig to cater at the event it's the talk at my job as well." Nova checked the time on her wrist watch. "Give me a hug. I need to make my way to the gate before they call."

As if on cue we heard a woman voice over the intercoms calling for people to head to the gate if they are heading to Washington.

"I miss you." I waved over a Nova. She turned back to wave at me as people was walking past her to get into the departures area.

"Remember to keep your head high and stay away from Lexi." She advised with teary eyes. I know she didn't want to leave me alone with Lexi.

I am adult I know how to handle that jealous bitch. I gave Nova a secure nod. Forcing back my own tears. These two months apprenticeship is what she needs to further her career. What sort of friend or sister would I be to hold her back just because of my own fears.

I stopped waving and must of stood there for minutes which felt like hours watching other people say there goodbyes to their loved ones. Watching people eager to jump on the plane to there favorite destination for vacation.

I just stood there still to the world. Envious that my friend has reached her goal in her career. Sad that I have to clean already clean houses for the elite. Living with a friend from college that turned out to be bitch. Have a boyfriend who I am starting to think may be gay as we haven't had sex in weeks probably months.

I need to sort out my life. Starting from now. First thing first I am going to call my agent and demand that she get me an Audition. I kept my positive attitude going till I reached home. Stepping foot into the flat made me realize that it was only me and Lexi now for two months at least.

I sucked in a deep breath as I walked into the lounge area. Last thing I wanted was to let that rich bitch know she intimidated me.

Luckily for me it was empty. I felt relief that i would have a couple of moments to myself that I propped my legs up on the couch to watch The Game of Thrones on HBO.