For those of you interested in the spin off chapter contest. Here are the deets.
What is a Spinoff chapter?
For those who are not aware, a spinoff chapter is basically a chapter you write relating to the story but it not actually part of the story.
NO WRITING EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY!
HONESTY I ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO PARTICIPATE. It will be fun to check out each other’s work and we will get to see the story from a different perspective.
What are the prizes for winning this contest?
(1st place winner –person with most votes gets: )
1) Their chapter featured in my story.
2) Dedication and recognition for that chapter.
3) A chance to pre-view one of my final chapters before anyone else.
4) Choose a name for one of the characters in my new book “Before the Darkest Storm.”
5) Fanning and promoting of any story of their choice.
(2nd place winner –person with second most votes gets: )
1) A shout –out from me.
2) Promotion of one of their stories.
How will the winner be determined?
I am going to create a new “story” on my profile. The chapters will be posted there in the order I receive them and they will be dedicated to the person that wrote them. Whoever receives the most votes at the end of the contest period will be the winner.
Where do we send the chapters to?
You can send your awesome writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please just copy your chapter onto the e-mail because sometimes I can’t open folders from MACs so it would be easier if it is just pasted onto the e-mail. Please also write “Spinoff chapter” in the subject line. I would greatly appreciate it!
What are the due dates?
This contest will be open from now till June 10th. I don’t know how soon the story is going to end yet but it will at least be a month before it is done so aim to get them in by like June 10th? Does that sound reasonable? That way I have time to go through the entries, and also have a chance to give a pre-view of one of my chapters. I moved the date up because I didn't plan ahead and take the voting into consideration.
What are the rules?
1) Your chapter has to stay true to the characters I have created. I have spent a lot of time making these characters and would like them to stay the same. For example, Megan can’t suddenly be a witch to everyone, and end up doing drugs in the end LOL.
2) The chapter should be between 2 to 5 pages in length.
3) It can’t be in the distant future. It’s okay if you go a little into the future but please don’t write about Megan and Luca’s wedding or children. (Remember I am planning on writing a sequel to this story so I don’t want to have you guys go too far ahead.)
(AGAIN NO GOING INTO THE FAR FUTURE!!! Also I reserve the right not to post a chapter that I think is not staying true to the character, or can be offensive to me or others.)
Oh! Try to keep it Pg-13 if possible! :)
What can the chapter be about?
It can honestly be about anything, as long as it stays true to the story. If you have an idea and aren’t sure if it’s okay you are welcome to run it by me.
Here are some ideas for those who are stuck:
· Megan and Luca’s Date.
· Ryan and Michelle’s relationship.
· Zach and Stacy’s relationship.
· High school days. (this is pretty broad so you are welcome to do whatever you want with it J)
· Alex and Sarah’s relationship troubles.
· Natty’s life.
· Megan’s mother and father’s first meeting.
Hope this helps you think of some ideas.
I want you guys to have fun with this and be as creative as you want. I know there are some rules but I had to set some boundaries, otherwise I won’t be able to continue onto the sequel the way I planned. I am looking forward to reading all of your stories!!!!!
P.S - I am going to be posting the stories as soon as I recieve them so it would be to your advantage to send them in as early as you can. But I am not going to close the contest till 11:59pm Pacific Time, on June 10th, 2012.