Chapter 3

OMG So sorry for this long, huge wait! Hopefully, this makes up for it!

Happy Reading :)

Ours will be updated by Tuesday.

Who Killed Ciara?

Chapter 3

The First Clue

Zayn shook his head, groaning in frustration. “I can’t believe she’s gone,” he whispered. “I was supposed to protect her, Liam, I was supposed to protect her!” he knocked over a small table in the process.

Liam and the other boys gave him a soothing, calming, hug. “Zayn, we need to stop and think about this. Whoever took Kayla took her for a reason. Think. Why would someone want Kayla?”

“The news report did say she was attacked for the diary,” Niall pointed out to them.

Zayn shook his head, something clicking to him. “No, Niall. The diary was right there, on the table. Whoever it was, took both the diary and Kayla because…” Zayn paused, looking around the room, thinking and inspecting it.

“Because she knew something,” Louis gasped, blinking in realization.

Zayn nodded. “Exactly! Kayla knew something! She had a lead to something,” he shuffled around. “I almost forgot..I found this little tab in her room.”

Liam pursed his lips, staring down at the little thing. “Did you touch it with your fingers?”

Zayn shook his head. “I used my sleeve, in case.”

“We can get this tested by a professional. We should call for a PI. We can convince him to let us do all the work, while he just gives authority and we’ll pay him,” Harry suggested. Zayn smiled at him, very grateful that he was okay with it.

Harry nodded back, a faint smile in his face that quickly left. Zayn fell onto the couch, blowing out his breath. “Liam, I’m so…I just don’t know what to do now. How are we going to fix this?” Zayn looked up to him. Another realization came to him. “Wait, how in the world are you guys even here?”

Niall gave a crooked smile. “We convinced management,” he told Zayn.

Zayn stared at them in awe, “And you’re here? You’re going to be here the whole way though, just to help me?”

Liam nodded at him.

“What about Danielle? And Eleanor?” he looked between Liam and Louis. Louis shrugged at him.

“We told them, ‘Zayn needs us and we’re going to go…if you can’t respect that then we can’t be together.’”

Zayn’s jaw dropped and Liam cut in before Zayn scolded them, “BUT, both girls only hugged us tightly and wished us all the best, telling us to keep them updated. El said she’d be over next week but Dani needs to get the OK.”

Zayn interjected, refusing to allow them in on this mess, saying, “No! TRhey’re going to get hurt!”

“We tried, mate,” Niall said, putting a hand on his shoulder. “We all did. But they wouldn’t take no for an answer.”

“Damn,” Zayn blew out. “Fine, but we need to be unbearably sneaky and stealthy and most of all, secretive.”

The rest of the boys nodded, looking completely serious.

“Good,” Zayn said.

40 minutes later. Nickerson Residence. 7:58 pm. Florida.

“I don’t know about it, Zayn…” Harry said, his eyebrows furrowed, thinking hard.