Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Than's POV

How dare that thief try to make excuses for why he stole a soul? I don't care whose friend he was, no one leaves the Underworld without Hades’ or my consent. I may not be the overall ruler of the Underworld but I take my job quite seriously and it doesn't matter who you are, you cannot take a soul from out of here without there being some sort of consequence.

For those of you who don't know I am Thanatos, god of death. What most people don't know is that I am actually the god of the gentle death. I hate when people assume just because I'm the god of death that I'm responsible for the people who are slaughtered through wars and diseases. That's not me. You can blame all that on my sisters, who thrive off of the most violent deaths that they can cause or find.

That in no ways means that I am a gentle person. I may be kind when it comes to someone dying but when a god steals something from me, we will have problems. However, he was no ordinary god he was the god of thieves or more commonly known as the messenger god, Hermes. Since I first met him I wasn't fooled by his playful demeanor I knew that he would cause problems for me some day. What I didn't know was that he would cause so many problems for me over the span of centuries.

There have been plenty of times when he has come down here with a soul only to leave with something of mine. One time that little bastard came down and stole Cerberus from me and hid him! How he hid a three headed dog I will never know but I didn't get my baby back until I begged Hades to force Hermes to bring him back.

He has never shown me the respect I deserve; even as his elder he has always disrespected me. I may not be older than him by much but I still demand respect out of those who are younger than I. He however feels that he is exempt from my demands and continues to harass me day and night. I could put up with the little pranks and stealing things every now and again for a while but this is going overboard.

"Like what you see?"

"Shut up Hermes...I'm not in the mood for your foolishness today."

"What about tomorrow? Tomorrow's good for me, but if it's not good for you than we can reschedul-"

"ENOUGH!" He flinched as my voice rose reflecting my seriousness. I had put up with his immature behavior for far too long and he has gotten used to getting on my nerves and me just ignoring him. But not anymore, this time there will be severe consequences.

I leaned down so that I was once again staring into his eyes. Although he was definitely a nuisance his eyes were quite mesmerizing. They were an airy kind of color, they reminded me of freedom. Yeah I know it sounds corny but that's what I felt. They were an ivory color with subtle hints of silver, not gray, but silver. They were the most beautiful pair of eyes I've seen on anyone...I mean they're, you know, okay-ish.

I leaned away from him and looked him over. I never really got a chance to truly see him; he was always fluttering away somewhere before I could ever confront him. He wasn't that bad looking; I mean for an immature little brat, he was okay. Besides his eyes he seemed to have a very fit body underneath all of his clothes. Wait! What was I saying? Was I actually complementing this jerk?

I needed to get a hold of myself. I got off the edge of the desk and walked back to sit behind it as I went back to trying to figure out his punishment. I looked up at him to see that he was openly checking me out. It was no secret that he had a crush on me. All the gods and a lot of the demi gods knew and I never heard the end of it. I would always hear little snide remarks about what he actually does down here for me.

But that's just not me. I don't like him. He's an immature, arrogant, little bastard that needed to learn that he couldn't just steal what he wanted when he wanted. That somewhere down the road you'll get caught and end up having to pay for it.