Chapter 4 - First impressions

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

*****

CHAPTER 4 ● First impressions

Becca’s POV

When I awaken from my amazing night of sleep, I feel refreshed for some unknown reason. Maybe it’s because I didn’t have any wicked dinosaur haunting me in my unconscious state? Yeah, that’s probably it. Or it may have something to do with the awesome dream I had about having my best friend back. Who knows?

I try to get up from my bed but something is restraining me from doing so. Immediately, I shut my eyes tightly and start to panic. What if Lord Voldemort is here to eat me? OH NO! I’M TOO YOUNG TO DIE! Okay breathe, Becca, breathe. On the count of three, I shall open my eyes to discover the intruder trying to eat me. 1…2…3! I open my eyes one after the other only to come face to face with a bare chest.

Huh? What the poop? I trail my eyes upwards until it reaches a face. A very familiar face. I stifle a gasp. Is he real? Fascinated, I start poking the soft skin of the person’s cheeks. I accidentally poke the creature’s eye and it yelps. I can’t help but let out an “Eeeep!”

“What in the world are you doing, Becca?” says an amused voice coming from the Dream-Harry I was just poking.

“Yo-you’re re-real? I’m not dre-dreaming?” I stutter, stunned. I’m confused…

Dream-Harry just guffaws as I stare at him like he’s lost his mind. Maybe he has.

“N-n-no this is not a dream Becca; this is reality.” He manages so say through his laughter.

Just a few seconds later, something clicks in my head and I am abruptly assaulted with yesterday’s events. My eyes widen considerably. HARRY IS BACK!!! I suddenly attack him in a bear hug. “HAZZA!”

His chest vibrates as he laughs. “Ahahahaha good morning to you too Bex!”

I pull back and pout at him. “Not my fault I’m slow in the morning, okay! My brain just takes a bit slower to wake up from its unconscious state.” I defend myself in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Same old Becca, same old.” He sniggers with sparkling eyes.

“Come on you goof, we better get up or else all the food is going to be gone!” I announced making him shoot up at the word ‘food’. Typical boys.

After putting on decent clothes, we make our way downstairs following the appealing smell of pancakes.

“Good morning Harry! Good morning Becca!” My family choruses at the same time. It’s as if they practiced it…. which is kind of creepy if you ask me.

“Good morning earthlings!” I greet them in return while Harry just nods at them before diving into his seat and stuffing his face with one of the plates covered in food that was waiting for us on the table. No one bats an eye at my weird greeting. What can I say; they’re used to my unusual behaviour if that’s what you want to call it.

“So kids, anything planned for today?” My mom questioned us.

Harry chewed all his food before answering because he knows how much my mom hates it when we talk with our mouth full; she says it’s very rude and disgusting. “Yeah, we’ll just hang out here, and then my mates are coming over so I can introduce them.”

“Okay, well you kids behave, alright? Robert and I are taking Zack to the zoo today because he’s been begging us for weeks.” My mom stated before getting up and putting her plate in the dishwasher followed by my dad and Zack. (A/N- Robert is Becca’s dad)