Prologue: Solace & Knox

MY BREATH COMES in shallow gasps, my frail lungs forcing the air into the light breeze from the South, to be carried towards the vast ocean. It is a starry night, the pinpoints of light only partially visible through the blotched windows of the cabin, spinning in an ever changing pattern. The same pattern in which I had seen the horrific future.

I call for my most trusted adviser, Knox. He walks in with a hurried stiffness, and kneels by my side.

“Solace,” Knox said with an incline of his head. I sigh in frustration.

“How many times do I have to ask you to not bow?”

“I apologize, leader.” He quivers slightly, as though slightly disturbed by my easy-going manner.

“Never mind that. We have more important matters at hand. I have read the stars. Something is coming my friend. And I am afraid that I may not live to see it. I need you to send for the others. All of the guilds must unite if we are to surpass this danger.”

“What is it that is so... so... dangerous? Surely, we can fight it? We have many young ones in training, a full stock of food, and all have recovered from the drought."

"This is more than a simple food shortage or Outlander attack. It will come from the inside and spread like poison through all of the guilds. We must prepare for the worst."

Knox bows his head in thought. All is quiet, even normally buzzing forest wildlife is still. I turn my head to the other side and gaze out the window. Slowly, as though closing my eyes in preparation for sleep, I feel my consciousness slip away and I fall into blackness.

***********************************************

Bonjour my lovely readers! I would just like to say.... I LOVE YOU ALL! :D Here's a cookie :3

Anywho, I would just like to comment on the video that should be on the side ->

(Sorry if it isn't :p) I just randomly decided to place whatever music I was listening to up there for no precise reason (Again, :p)

Vote, comment, and fan!