Chapter 9

They had caught up to us. I was running one way as Jax was running the other. Since they was after me, I was hoping that they wouldn't go after Jax. So I made him go a different way. And let me tell you, it was fucking hard.

      Not just because he didn't want to, but because my wolf didn't want to be away from her mate. But I got her to agree, because he would be safe, if he was away from us. 

    She agreed because she didn't want to loose him. She has already fell in love with him, well his wolf really. It's weird to be in love with someone, but really its your wolf that is in love with their wolf. But the truth is, that I don't know if I was in love with Jax. How can I? I don't even know him that well. 

  But I cant dwell on that right now. I have people chasing me, to kill me, or worse. But im sure it is to kill me. But the reason I don't know. I have to find Sam, he has to have a clue into why they want me.

    "Get back here you little bitch!" One of the men after me yelled. The things they were calling me was just pissing me off. And that one hit the boiling point!

   I spun around and just shot light at them. Not even really aiming. But I hit him, damn I should have used the green light, it kills right on the spot. But no, the red light had to come out. 

     'Well if you made it green, it would have came out.' My wolf said well yelled at me. 

    'Well sorry, I was just trying to save our ass.'

       That made her shut up. This time I felt someone come from behind me, making me fall to the ground. Hell! I shifted into my wolf. Ugh, and I loved that shirt! It was black and lace. Thought it fit my image now. 

    It pissed me off even more that they made it where I shifted. Wait can I use my powers in my wolf form? Proving that I can, my wolf hit one man right in the heart with a green light. And he fell to the ground. I turn around the guy that had made me shift.

      She was going to use the green light. But I didnt want to I wanted to rip his throat out. So he could feel pain for a split second.

  I lunged at him, it took him off guard. He was thinking that I was going to use my powers on his ass. But I grabbed his throat in between my teeth. Ripping it as slow as I could. Once I was back on the ground, I looked back at him. Blood was flowing out of the hole in his thraot. He was already dead though.

   I was so into looking at the man on the ground dead, that I didn't notice that two men were coming up behind me. I got hit by a red light. It made me fly backwards hitting a big oak tree. It fell down, by the impact. I got up, running towards the two men that were left to kill.

     I jumped on the one man on the right. Ripped his throat out, as I shot a green light out and hit the other man. He fell down dead, just as the other one fell down dead. 

     I was going to shift back into my human form, but then I realized that I didn't have my bag, with all of my clothes in it. Shit, Jax had it. Because we thought it would be better, since we didn't think he would be in any fights. Damn, we didn't think I would be shifting.

       Now how in hell am I going to be able to shift back. I cant walk through the streets in my big wolf form. Everyone would be running. Then other people, hunters, will be after my ass to. Damn it!

    'Call him stupid.'  Well she isn't on friendly terms with me. Not since I made up my mind on not mating with Jax, before finding my brother. But whatever.

    'Hey, Jax I need my clothes. I'm in the woods, towards the east. Follow my scent. Im in my wolf form.' 

    I wait for him to reply to me, but nothing ever came. Shit this cant be good. No! 

      'They got him. I knew he should have came with us! See what you did.' My wolf yells at me. I guess it is my fault that he got captured! Damn it!

     I run to the place that we split up. I follow his scent to the west. I got about a mile from where we had split up. And found a note nailed to a tree.

                  Angel,

            We have your little mate. If you want him to live, meet us at midnight in your old woods. If you are not there, we kill him right there on spot.

      That was all that was written on the paper. I ripped down the note, and re-read it over and over. I cant believe that they have him! How could I have let that happen?! 

   I have to go and meet with them, damn it. And so close to home. What if my father saw me, he would make me come back home, and use me for his own fucking game! But I cant let them kill Jax, but what if its a lie? Damn it!

      'Are you just going to stand around, or are you going to go and save his ass again?'  My wolf asked me, with sarcasm in it. Damn didn't know that she knew what that was.

      I start to run towards our old home land. It was only about three hours away. So we would be there in no time, running in werewolf speed. The only problem is, that these woods dont go all the way there. Shit, we have to cross a few roads. 

    But I cant think about that right now, but then I cant let myself be seen either. Damn, it seems I am screwed either way I go.

       I just push my legs as fast as they could, then beyond that. I was at teh end of the woods in less than twenty minutes. Now I was at the first road. Cars were going down the road. I had to get a plan together to get across. But how?

     'You need to go back a few yards and run as fast as you can, then jump all the way to the other side.' 

   I think about it for a second. But I don't really have anything else to do. So why not give it a chance? So I run back a few yards, take a deep breath, and started running as fast as I could.

      Once my front paws hit the end of the woods, I jumped into mid air, and I did some how mange to make it to the other side of the road, with out anyone seeing me.

  Once I hit the ground I didn't stop running, I went on. I had to reach the woods where he was being held.

      I could feel my heart racing ahead of me. It was slowly breaking with the thought of not getting there in time to save him. I wanted to cry, let the tears that wanted to be let out, go free. But I knew if I did, then I wouldn't be able to even try to save him. So I pushed them back.

     I would have the break down after I saved him, and found my brother. No way was I going to be the weak girl I was til I got my job done, that I had set out to do. I was thinking so hard, that I didnt even notice that I had reached the other road, til I saw my self flying over the cars. My wolf must have taken over. Thank god, I don't know what would have happen if she hadn't.

      I could feel her give me a smug look. I had to laugh inside my head. That was just to funny not to laugh at. That was the last road. So the rest was woods. I look around, knowing that I only had at least ten minutes tops, to get to my old land. And then I had some guys to kill for taking my mate. They was to come after me, not him.

      'But they know that he is our mate, so they are using him as bait.' My wolf says to me. Using him as bait? To get to us, that was what they were doing. They know that if they have him that they will get us. Damn it.

   I keep running anyways, one way or another they will get us, I know they will. So why should I let them kill my mate, when I can just hand myself over to them. But what if they dont even have him. Ugh, this is just way to complicated.

       I don't see why this has to fucking happen. I need to get to him and save him, and if he isn't there, then I will get out of there alive and hunt his ass down to kill his ass my self, for not answering me when I called to him.

    My wolf liked that idea, she growled in happiness to it. I ran intil I got to the pond. And damn what would you know, here was some men, that looked kinda alike the ones that I have killed. Well I guess it is their turn.

    I growled at them. They backed up, and made a pathway. And the next thing I saw was not what I thought it was going to be. 

    "Hello again, Angel."