Chapter 19

The next morning I woke up, wrapped in the cover. Riley lay next to me, wearing only his boxers. I stared at up at his sleeping face, and smiled. He's mine. He asked me last night to marry him. He'll be mine forever.

It all seemed too good to be true. After all the bad things that had happened to me, I just didn't feel like this could be real. He'd probably end up changing his mind. There was no way someone like him could want me. That's why I looked at him, memorizing his face, because I knew that once he was gone, he wouldn't be coming back.

I kissed his shoulder, and he stirred slightly. His eyes opened, and he blinked a few times before looking at me.

"Hey." He said, his voice thick with sleep. I smiled again.

"Hi."

"You okay?"

"Perfectly fine. Are you okay?"

"Never been better." He moved his head down to kiss me, and then pulled away after a little while. "Did you mean what you said last night? About marrying me? Will you really?"

"Yes, Riley. I will." He grinned and kissed me again, picking up my left hand as he did so. He looked down at it, and started playing with my ring finger.

"I'm gonna get you a ring as soon as I can." He said. "I promise."

"You don't need to get me a ring. Knowing you're mine is enough."

"I want to, though."

"Well, whatever you wanna do. But I still say it's unneccessary." He laughed and kissed my cheek. "I love you, Riley."

"I love you too, Sky. More than you know." He sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"I hate to ruin the moment, but we gotta go to the gym."

"That's right. Gotta learn to kick some ass." I grinned at him, and stood up. I pulled on a pair of Riley's basketball shorts with a draw string, and one of his tank tops. I took the ponytail holder from my wrist, and pulled my hair up. He put on another pair of shorts and a cut off, and led me out to his truck. We climbed in. He drove to a gas station, and put gas in.

"Come on. Let's go get some drinks for the guys." He said, and pulled me into the store. We went back to the cooler and bought a few gatorades, paid, and left.

*******

"Hey. There you two are!"  Trenton called. "We've got news."

"What kind of news?" I asked.

"He called last night." Chase said. "Told me it would be at least a month before he could tell us where he is. Says he needs money, so he's asked me to get a job, and bring him the money in a month. I said okay, although all we will be bringing him is a very angry ex girlfriend, and 4 very angry boys."

"A month. I've got another month to learn how to fight?"

"Yeah." Travis said. "By that time, you'll be a pro. Take him down easy."

"You're forgetting Travis," Trenton said. "He's way bigger than her. His size advantage still creates a problem."

"She's small. So, what? She's packed with anger, and a good punch. I have faith in her." Travis said, and smiled at me.

"Thanks, Travis." I said, smiling bac. "Now let's get to work. That asshole is going to pay."

"All of them are." Riley said. And with that, we started the instruction.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Three times a week, for a month, the five of us met at the gym, and the boys showed me new moves, and how to execute them correctly. By the end of the month, I was able to do everything the boys showed me.

"You're ready." Trenton announced one day after I had successfully taken down Chase. "But, I'm not. I don't want you to do this. You can't Skylar."

"Trenton, don't even start with me. We've been over this a thousand times. He deserves everything I'm going to give him. I'm gonna make him pay for what he did to me. You guys can get the other four that were there."

"This isn't a good idea, Sky! He could seriously hurt you. He could kill you. And how do you think I would feel knowing it was my fault because I allowed you to do this? I couldn't live with myself. I already lost mom and dad. I'm not losing you too." He looked at me, his face serious. I could see the tears starting to form in his eyes.

"It'll be okay, Trenton."

"You don't know that, Skylar!" He yelled.

"Trenton, I-" I took off running towards the bathroom, my hand clamped over my mouth. I made it just in time. I bent over the toilet, all the contents in my stomach pouring out.

"Skylar?" I heard Riley's worried voice as he entered the bathroom. He walked past a few stalls, and found me crouched down over the toilet. "Are you okay?"

"What? Yeah. I'm fine. I've been feeling sick for a few days." I said, wiping my mouth with some toilet paper, and flushing the toilet, before standing up.

"You sure?" He put his hand up to my forehead. "You don't feel like you have a temperature. Maybe we should get you home, and let you rest." I was about to argue, but the look on his face made me swallow the argument. I nodded, and let him pull me form the bathroom. He walked me past everyone, and helped me in the truck, and then went back to get my drink that I was asking for.

Riley's P.O.V

I watched in confusion as Skylar sprinted towards the bathroom, her hand clamped over her mouth. I moved after her, and walked in to find her getting sick into the toilet.

"Skylar?" I asked. "Are you okay?"

"What? Yeah. I'm fine. I've been feeling sick for a few days." She flushed the toilet, and stood up.

"You sure?" I put my hand against her forehead. She didn't feel warm. "You don't feel like you have a temperature. Maybe we should get you home, and let you rest." She looked at me, and opened her mouth as if she was about to protest, but promptly closed it, and nodded. Skylar allowed me to pull her from the bathroom, and out to the truck. She started asking for her gatorade so I went back to get it.

"Is she okay?" Trenton asked me.

"Yeah. She said she's been feeling sick for a few days." I said.

"I hope she gets better soon. It's only a matter of time before Marcus calls." Trenton stated.

"I know. But I don't think she's going to miss it even if she was dying." I replied.

"Yeah. You're probably right. Get her home. I'll be there in a little while." He said.

"Alright. I'll see you when you get there." I grabbed her drink, and then walked back out to the truck.

Author's note: Sorry for such a short and sucky chapter. Argh. I just, couldn't think of anything to write. Anyways, this is almost over. Only a few more chapters left for real. About, one or two. I'm running out of things to write. And before you ask, no. I'm probably not doing a sequal. I'll do an epilouge, but I don't think I'm gonna be writing a sequal. Sorry.