Chapter 9: Letters

Dear Ginny,

       Hello! Your brothers have told me so many stories about you, I feel like we could be very good friends. I look forward to officially meeting you next year, and who knows, we might even become housemates. Best of luck and happy holidays!

                                                                              Sincerely yours, Emily x         

Dear Emily, 

        My brothers have spoken so fondly of you as well in their letters. The fact that Percy thinks you're a nuisance confirms that we will certainly get along fairly well. Being housemates sounds fun, are you a Gryffindor like my brothers? 

My mum and I would also like to thank you for the presents, happy holidays to you too!

                                                                                Ginny x         

Dear Ginny, 

          You're most welcome. I'm actually a Slytherin, though it is a bit of a story - I'll save that one for when we meet. Don't believe what you hear about the houses here at Hogwarts, by the end of the day, it depends on the people, not the stereotype. I'll see you soon.         

                                                                              Sincerely yours, Emily x

Dear Mrs. Malfoy,

          Hello, Mrs. Malfoy, I'm Emily. I told Draco that I wanted to thank you personally for the beautiful gift you had sent for Christmas, I feel like my present for you did not do justice, but know that I put my heart into it. 

                                                                  Sincerely, Emily 

Dearest Emily, 

          You are very welcome. You may call me Narcissa, and not to worry, I simply adore the pendant you had sent. Opals happen to be my birthstone, so it is very well thought of and quite the charmer. My son has written to me often, and quite frequently, he talks of you. Perhaps we can arrange to meet once the summer has kicked off.

                                                            Warm regards, Narcissa

Dear Aunt Narcissa, 

            I hope you don't mind me calling you "Aunt Narcissa", it's a habit I've formed towards those who fair great respect. And I'm glad to learn that you love it, I do have to admit that I asked Draco a good amount of questions to help me think of the perfect gift. 

Draco and I have become close friends, I don't know if he's written to you about it, but he's actually the first friend I've made in Hogwarts. I look forward to your owl for the summer.

                                                             Sincerely, Emily

Dear Emily, 

            I don't mind at all, my dear, I am very glad as well to know that you and my Draco are friends, do keep an eye on him, will you?  You can come by anytime you like, just inform us; and again, very keen on meeting you, Emily darling. 

                                                           Warm regards, Narcissa

Dear Mrs. Weasley, 

              I've never had a sweater that was personally knitted for me, and to receive one from a person who has yet to know me... It's the best Christmas present to receive. Thank you and happy holidays. 

                                                            Sincerely, Emily         

Dearest Emily,

           You are most certainly welcome, love. There's no need for formalities, you can call me Aunt Molly, if you'd like, perhaps even just Molly. I would also like to thank you and your darling brother for the presents you've sent me. My sons are most likely already plotting on getting you two to visit over the summer, but let me know anyway when you can come over. We would love to have you. 

                                                       Love, Molly