Chapter 1

Picture on the side is of the Oaken Family. The song is 'City of Delusion' by Muse :D

------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

I climbed up the stairs to my bedroom and plopped myself on to the bed face down. Today was exhausting! Isn’t the day before the weekend supposed to be laid back? Well, that’s what I thought anyway, but of course my maths teacher had a different opinion. I turned around on the bed so I was facing the ceiling and sighed, ridding myself of thoughts of inventing a time machine to eradicate the person who invented school, and more importantly maths.

Turning my head toward the glass balcony doors, I stared out at the view of the forest that surrounded my house and just the thought of being within the earthy atmosphere of the woodland made me relax. Especially when two forms suddenly came out of the shadows of the forest opening, and I could make out the familiar shapes of wolves as they walked toward the house.

Now, you’re probably wondering why I’m not calling the police or dog patrol or whatever. But, it’s not really a frightening sight for someone who lives in a very secluded area. Okay so that may have been a partial lie.

It’s not a surprise because, those wolves? Yeah they are the other forms of my older brother Nick and my father Michael. Right on cue, the two wolves (one with black/silver fur and the other one with chestnut fur) changed into two tall, well-built and powerful men fully clothed and bare-footed – both looking almost completely different from each other despite being related.

Nick had ruffled chestnut hair and bronze eyes, whereas my father had black and slightly greying hair with gold eyes that normally gleaned with authority. If it weren’t for their shared height, high cheekbones and the muscles that accompanied Were males, no one would ever tell that they were father and son. Which would have been confusing for none-pack members as an Alpha’s Beta (second in command) is normally a male family member, normally a son but not every family has one of those.

Yep that’s right not only are my brother and father werewolves, but my dad is the leader of one of the biggest pack of Werewolves in the Supernatural Community.

Now, you’re probably wondering where I come into it. Well, I too have the ability to shift, but haven’t done so yet, I’m assuming, because of my genes. You see, I’m not like normal Weres; I’m half-human. My dad had the whole love at first sight thing with my human mum (basically, they were each other’s Soulmates), and soon after they met he mated with her, and I was the only one out of my siblings that had gained any affect from the mating.

As per usual when I thought of my mother, a lump arose in my throat but I squashed it down, hating to cry over anything. Getting up from my bed I walked over to my dresser, taking the framed photo sitting upon it, in my hands and staring down at the image of us as a family before my mother had died.

She was sitting on an arm chair with a two year old me on her lap, Nick on the left arm-rest and his twin sister (my older sister) Lucy on the right, both six years old. My father was standing behind the chair with his arms wrapped loosely around my mother’s neck, his head resting on her petite shoulders – all of us smiling happily into the camera. My eyes stayed glued on my mother, and no matter how many times I had looked at this photograph, I couldn’t help but be amazed at how beautiful she had been; long curly chestnut hair with natural gold highlights falling loosely around her face like a halo, a bright contrast to her pale skin that stood out against my father’s tanned skin, her beautiful big bronze eyes gleaming with nothing but happiness.

But looking at this picture, who would have known that not even a month later, my mother would be diagnosed with breast cancer and died after three months of gruelling therapy. I put the picture flat on the dresser so I couldn’t look at it anymore; my eyes straying to my reflection in the mirror above as it always did after looking at the picture, finding solace that she was still here within me.