Chapter 12; The boss

‘Are we there yet?’ I asked for the fourth time in 10 minutes. ‘Can you keep your mouth shut?’ The bodyguard, named Chris, said annoyed. ‘We’ll arrive about 15 minutes, Miss.’ Hayato said. ‘Thanks, Hayato.’ I said with a smile. At least someone here has manners.

Hayato was right. After another long 15 minutes, we drove towards a huge mansion. Hayato drove the car to the front. The bodyguards stepped out of the car. Luke opened the door and I stepped out. I frowned. ‘Follow me, please.’ Chris said not amused. I followed them, because I didn’t want to be in any trouble.

We entered the house and walked in the hall. We walked through some doors and we entered a ballroom. Across from the hall was a stairs that split up in two ways. We walked up the stairs and entered the hallway that went around the ballroom. There were a lot of doors. We walked all past them. Luke and Chris stopped walked what caused me to bump against them. I rubbed my forehead and looked around to see why they would stop. There was a large door with a golden door handle. Chris knocked on the door and opened the door for me.

I stepped into a large office. In the middle of the room was a large desk with piles of papers on it. There was an older man sitting at the desk. He had grey hair and moustache. ‘Ah, Miss Adams, it’s an honor to have you here.’ The man said with a smile on his face. ‘I don’t mean to be rude, sir, but who are you?’ I asked carefully. The man started to laugh. ‘My name is Pittman,’ the man said while holding out his hand. ‘Ken Pittman.’ I took his hand and shook it. ‘Jennifer Adams, but I guess you already knew that, sir.’ I said confused. ‘Drop the formality, Jennifer. It makes me feel like an old fart.’ Ken said. He reminded me of Edward.

‘May I ask why I am here?’ I asked. ‘Of course. Take a seat.’ Ken said. I sat down in one of the large chairs. ‘You probably have already heard that you and your classmates are invited to a gala?’ Ken asked. ‘Yeah, I’ve heard that while your bodyguards were practically kidnapping and embarrassing me in public.’ I said casually. ‘I’m sorry about that. Those two have to stop being like that,’ Ken said. ‘But anyways, you are here because my nephew has invited you.’ I looked confused. ‘Your nephew? Who is your nephew?’ Ken pushed on a button. Right away a maid, around the age of 18, came into the office. ‘How can I help you, sir?’ The maid said. ‘Carla, I want you to bring my nephew here.’ Ken said. ‘As you wish, sir.’ Carla said. She bowed and left the room.  

I started to get really uncomfortable. I didn’t know what I had to expect.

After a few minutes, I heard someone knocking on the door. ‘Come in.’ Ken said. The door opened and my eyes grew wide. Ken Pittman’s nephew was my own fiancé, Chester Hyde. He was wearing the suit he usually wore. I jumped out of the chair and stood in front of him. ‘What are you doing here?’ I hissed at him. ‘Taking you to a gala.’ Chester said with an entertained voice. ‘I seriously hate you.’ I said under my breath as I crossed my arms in front of my chest. ‘And then everyone knows about us.’ He said grinning. I gasped. ‘Uncle, can you please leave me and my fiancé alone?’ Chester asked Ken. ‘Of course. Call me if you need anything.’ Ken said and he left the room.

‘You have planned this all along! You jerk!’ I spat. I looked at the ground and clenched my fists to control my anger. Chester stepped closer, grabbing my wrist with one hand and lifted up my chin with the other hand, so I had to look at him. ‘Darling, I just want everyone to know how “in love” we are.’ He said smirking. I tried to look the other way, but Chester was still holding me. ‘Let me go, you asshole!’ I said. He grinned and let go of me. I painfully massaged my wrist.

‘When is that goddamn gala?’ I asked him angrily, hoping to get information to make a plan against him. ‘It will be on your last day in Japan,’ Chester said as he walked to the window with his hands on his back. ‘In the meantime, you’ll stay here.’ My jaw dropped on the ground. ‘What?! You’re joking right? You can’t keep me here!’ I yelled at him. ‘Yes, I can. I want to spend time with my beloved fiancé.’ He said sarcastically. ‘You just don’t want me to run away.’ I said. ‘It’s a fieldtrip. I’m here with my school. I am going back to the hotel.’ I said. I spun myself around and made my way to the door. I was about to grab the doorknob, but Chester grabbed my wrist and pinned me against the wall.

‘You’ll stay here with me.’ Chester said as he kept getting closer to me. Chester was about to say something, but got interrupted by someone knocking on the door. Chester stepped away from me and walked towards the middle of the room while he fixed his suit. I walked over to the window. ‘Come in.’ Chester said irritated. The door opened and I decided to ignore the person who stepped into the room.

‘Chester, my father thinks it’s better if you bring your fiancé back to her classmates.’ A male voice said. I turned around. A boy with blond hair was standing in front of Chester. He was also wearing a suit. I couldn’t see the boy’s face because his back was turned to me. I recognized his voice, but the name didn’t come up in my mind.

‘Miss Adams,’ the boy started. ‘You can go back to your classmates, but we would like to keep you in this residence the day after tomorrow for a whole day.’ ‘It’s only a gala. Why do I have to remain here for a whole day?’ I said. ‘Stop this attitude. You’ll stay the day after tomorrow and that’s it.’ The boy said and walked towards the door.

I could see a part of his face. He was really handsome. Before the boy left the room he turned his head to me. ‘It was an honor to meet you, Miss Adams.’ The boy said and he left the room. My mouth fell open. ‘Is it really him? Can it be?’

Hugeee cliffhanger xD I'm sorry for the slow updates lately. You probably already know why, so I'm not gonna fucking explain it :P. I don't have muchc to say, so vote if you liked and comment me what you liked. Stay awesome and I love you! <3

xAllTimeTessax OUT!