Want to come down to breakfast early?

Thanks for the reads! :O i hope you likkeee<3

I woke up in my bed in the 3rd year Dormitory. I could tell it was quite early as it was pitch black outside. I reached over and felt around for my wristwatch. In my haste I knocked over something solid. It fell onto the floor and smashed. I grabbed my wand and whispered “Lumos!” My four poster bed flooded with light and I saw the pile of glass shards lying on the ground beside my bed. “Reparo!” I muttered as the shards flew together, forming a small bottle. I gasped as it all flooded back to me. The love potion disaster! It was going to ruin the rest of my holiday. I threw myself dramatically back onto my bed, my boxing day plans of digging into my presents didn’t seems so appealing anymore. But then I got an idea – it was still early so if I snuck down to breakfast now before the rest of the students I wouldn’t see him! But then again, most of the students in 3rd year went home for Christmas as they didn’t go to the Yule ball. In fact, I was the only one in my dorm. Maybe this meant I would be easier to spot, being early bird. Staying in my dorm would be a safer option as Dean couldn’t come up, even if he wanted to – due to the whole stairs turning into a slide thing when a boy touches them. But after about 20 minutes I was bored stiff so decided to go with my original plan.

I practically threw on some jeans and a hoodie and raced up the stairs to the 4th year’s dormitory. “Hermione,” I whispered, pulling back the curtains around her bed. Unlike in my dorm, everyone was there so I had to be quiet. I expected I would have to shake her awake silently or something but when I thrust the drapes open I found her already awake, drawing a pictures of…some sticks. I twisted my face as if to say – what the hell? 

“It’s for care of magical creatures. There are botruckles.” She explained. 

“Homework??” I asked incredulously “It’s the holidays, ‘Mione!” She sighed

“I know,” She said, stowing the books, awkwardly under the bed. I shook my head and continued. 

“Want to come down to breakfast early?” I asked. Hermione smiled, knowingly at me and stood up.

Hermione stalked down the stairs into the common room in front of me with a no nonsense air. I lurked behind her, my eyes darting around the room in case Dean was there. “All clear,” Hermione said, hands on hips. I hurried towards her. “Oh, we could use Harry’s invisibility cloak!” she suggested. That was a good idea. An invisibility cloak would be useful but that would involve telling Harry what I’d done – try to use a potion on him! It was also involve going up to the dorm where DEAN was! 

 “NO!” I yelled and explained to Hermione what I had just thought. She nodded. 

“Hmm…I suppose there is that isn’t there.” She conceded, leading me out the portrait hole. The whole way down to breakfast Hermione didn’t utter a word. I supposed that, even though she was putting on a brave face, she must be really cut up about Cedric. She also must really like him a lot, if she was willing to “let him go” if that’s what he wanted. 

When we arrived there the great hall was completely empty, apart from all the teachers who were up at the crack of dawn no matter the date. Professor McGonagall swept past us as we walked in and nodded curtly to both of us in turn. 

“Miss Weasley, Miss Granger,” I mumbled something in response but Hermione piped up with a cheery “’Morning, Professor,” trust her to be cheery when professors are around but when it’s plain old me? Noooo… 

“I assume you all enjoyed last night’s festivities?” Professor McGonagall continued for conversations sake.