chapter 2

I wake up, and surrounding me is nothing but gray. I am clueless of time, for it could be any hour of the day. How did this all happen? My mind is still surrounded by a whirlpool of emotions that won't settle. My heart feels broken, and I can only blame myself. I was the one who got me into this mess more than anyone else. I could have saved my family, but instead I let them fall down, one-by-one, just like dominos. 

     By now I'm up and about. I'm walking on and on, not even turning to look behind. Because behind is where I want to keep the past. I don't want to remember the past, yet I'm scared to see what comes in the near future. The more I walk, the darker the shadow gets up ahead of me. I am determined to figure out what it is, since I have nothing better to do with my life. Why didn't I just end my life already? That way I could simply rest in peace. I was a retard and decided to keep on going. 

     The shadow ended up being a black building that looked very old. The door was wide open, and the smell of burning flesh was wafting through the air. I cringed at just the thought of it. This must be a trap, I thought to myself. Nothing could be this easy. But like only I would, I went inside. When I got in, I couldn't see a thing. It was pitch dark black. I felt shivers go up my spine. I could sense something was wrong... very wrong.

     Suddenly the door slammed behind me. It was too fast, I couldn't get outside in time. I couldn't see where the door was anymore, so there was no point in finding out if it were locked or not.

     I heard my name being called. 

     "Jordan," screeched the terrifying voice.

     I immediately jumped back, "Who's there? I have a knife," I pretended, as if I could actually scare them away. 

     This didn't seem to bother them.

     "Jordan it's Kevin."

     "Shut up, you're lying to me," I screamed with so much fury in my voice.

     I felt that familiar sense of anger tingling up throughout my body. I knew this feeling oh to well, and I didn't like it. Not one bit. I felt my heart beating faster now, and I clenched both of my hands into the tightest fists ever. I let out another howl and charged right into the darkness. I felt a body. From that body came screams of pain. I could taste blood, and yet I didn't stop. This went on for what seemed like the longest time. Then the body suddenly stopped fighting. It lay there still and stiff in the darkness. In front of me a small door creaked open, and i charged for it carrying the body with me in my mouth. They small dim light of the dim gray outdoor surrounding was enough to figure out who I had just torn to pieces. 

     It was Kevin.

He was missing a leg, and there was blood all over his body. I felt my anger levels lowering and then everything went black.

*          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *          *

     When I woke up I noticed that I was in human form once again. I seemed to have remembered everything. I felt extremely lightheaded. Am I really a human, I thought to myself. Why did that keep on happening to me every time I got mad? I abruptly jumped off of the ground and looked all around. Kevin's body was nowhere in sight. Only a small dark hole appeared from underneath me. Each second it became larger and larger. I could eventually feel it trying to suck me down. I tried holding on the the ground, but it was no use. I was sucked into the hole, and I went down, my mind flashed back to my childhood. It was the first day of school, and it was my very first crush ever. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach, and my heart felt warm and comforting. Her shiny golden hair flowed down her back, and I nearly melted. Then the flashback ended out of nowhere. But I didn't want it to end. I landed on a cold hard ground with a thud.

     There was actually light. And in front of me stood the most beautiful angel I had ever seen with my own two eyes.