Chapter 41

A.N. HAPPY EASTER!!!! :D HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD DAY AND I JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING. PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ/COMMENT/VOTE/SHARE THIS STORY ILYSM

BY THE WAY I KNOW I PROMISED A LONG CHAPTER OR DOUBLE UPDATE AND THIS CHAPTER IS NEITHER OF THOSE, BUT MY DAD JUST HAD KNEE SURGERY AND IVE HAD TO HELP HIM OUT AND VISIT HIM A LOT SO I ENDED UP NOT HAVING AS MUCH TIME TO WRITE AS I THOUGHT :( SO INSTEAD I WILL JUST DO A MID-WEEK UPDATE ON TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY TO MAKE UP FOR IT (AND THERE WILL STILL BE AN UPDATE NEXT SUNDAY TOO) :DDD

CHAPTER 41

KELSEY'S POV

It seemed as if the hundreds of staff and patients here were skeptical of Harry. Everyone was always anxious around him, and for good reason. He had done some bad things. He's lied, killed, stolen, and has completely wrecked the commandments. He didn't skin any women, but that didn't mean he was completely innocent. From his many unproductive therapy sessions, I learned this; I did not trust him. Somewhere in that complex mind of his was something dark, and whether he was a good person or not was questionable. But there was a difference between being a good person and being a good person for Rose.

And also lurking within him was a great passion. Sometimes it was a flaw and stirred anger and hatred within him but other times it was used for good, like when it was instilled into loving Rose. So for this reason and this reason only, I decided to help the both of them. I would let my best friend evade this place with the man who had been part of it for so long, for the thin hope that Harry would take care of her.

"It won't be easy," I said.

"No shit," Harry muttered in hopeless agreement.

"We'll need a way to get you out of your cells. Then you'll have to get past the guards, then get through Ward C, and then out the tunnel. It's never been done before."

"Yeah, but that's because nobody else had you, right?" Rose asked. "I mean, people who have tried to escape before didn't have help from any of the staff or other patients."

"True," I agreed.

Lori interrupted before I could continue. "We can get you keys and supplies."

Rose's eyes lit up. "And you can shut off the power."

"And get us weapons," Harry added.

Each addition to mine and Lori's contributions was another pound of stress weighing on my shoulders. I would have to somehow sneak Rose and Harry all of the necessary materials without getting caught or fired which put a lot of pressure on me. I mean, this little meeting we had conjured up was risky enough. We wouldn't have even been able to orchestrate it if it weren't for Ms. Hellman's fortunate absence. There was no way Lori, Rose, Harry, and I would've managed to meet up in my office under her authority. But apparently even evil has sick days.

And since she was gone, here we were. Well, it was in part since she was gone and also because of Harry's many demands. There was no way Rose would go into surgery any time soon, but it seemed as if the very idea of her being operated on drove him to further madness. After about his 20th time asking how we would escape, Lori and I managed to get them both here.

"Does anyone have a notebook or something?" Rose wondered.

I moved around to the back of my desk, pulling a drawer open by its nob. I grabbed a pad of paper and a pen. I handed it to Rose and she quietly thanked me, flipping it open.

"So first we need a plan," she muttered to herself, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear while she scribbled something down. My eyes flashed to Harry and I saw him watching her with care, his eyes not leaving her face. And I realized that beside our differences, Harry and I had something in common. We both knew Rose's fate if she stayed here, and we were both afraid of that fate coming true. We both felt an urgent panic to get someone we cared about out of here. Although Harry's panic and his care were greater than mine, we still both felt it. It was evident in quick glances and worried looks given to each other during out little meeting.