Us - cute - Desirae♡

Us

Imagine for Desirae

(mrsMahone00001)

___

I was sitting on the couch in the living room, fancied up in a red dress and black heels, all for the boy who never showed up. Again.

It was the fourth time that Austin had pretty much ditched our date night. I know, he's busy with singing and everything, but I was really getting tired of this. Every time Austin asked to take me out to dinner, he would never show up or he would come very late at night to apologize. I don't know why I let him get away with it the second and third time. But I was not going to let it slide this time around.

I was getting ready to take off all this nonsense before I heard the doorbell ring. Taking a quick glance at the clock on the wall, I read that it was already 7:30. An hour and a half late for our reservation.

Heaving an annoyed sigh, I walked over to the front door, the sounds of my heels clicking against the floor being the only noise in the house. Upon reaching the door, I pulled it open, seeing just who I expected there. Mr. Mahone, late again. "You're unbelievable." I spat as I walked away furiously, not even bothering to close the door.

"Des, just give me a minute." Austin replied after I heard him close the door.

I stopped in my tracks and whipped myself around, arms crossed as I shot a glare at him. "Go ahead, I'd like to hear what kind of lie you thought was more important than taking your girlfriend out for dinner, after you promised her for the fourth time."

"Listen," He began.

"-I know I've done this many times before, and I know I'll keep making this mistake. It's for my career, my album, my tour. Rocco's been working me really hard lately, I barely get days off. Just give me a break for a while. I'm not trying to distance myself from you, but I need to stop and think for myself once in a while."

"Oh, so that's what it is? Just because you need a break?" I air quoted the word break, "It's for your career, your new album, next year's tour, it's all about you isn't it." I paused to catch my breath, preventing myself from crying. "I'm so tired of waiting around for you because you know what? You should be happy to have found a girl who would put up with all your crap. Everything just revolves around you, I get it. But for once, I'd like to hear you talk about us."

Austin seemed stunned by my words, and I was too in all honestly. Was I really thinking of breaking up with him?

"I... I didn't know you felt this way." He stammered, running a hand through his hair.

"Me neither." I replied bluntly, turning around and walking up to my room. I knew Austin wouldn't leave, he was the kind of person who always wanted to win in the end.

I kicked off my heels in the corner of my room and unzipped my dress that I spent a great amount of time picking out just for Austin. I pulled on a t-shirt and running shorts before sitting on my bed, my hands running up and down my thighs in somewhat of a worried way. My palms were sweating and I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest. All the anger was building up inside of me and I didn't know what to do.

"Desirae," Austin appeared at my bedroom door, looking sorry as ever. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't going to cut it." I spat, getting up to leave. I was about to push my way past Austin but he grabbed my arms to stop me.

"Look at me."

I rolled my eyes and refused to do what Austin said. Yanking my arms away, I stormed down the hallway to nowhere in particular. I don't know where I was going, this is my house. I can't really leave. I walked up to the front door and pulled it open, making sure Austin heard me leave. I knew I made the wrong choice of walk out of the house because it would make me look weak if I just walked back in. There was nowhere I could go.

___

Austin's POV

I can't believe I just let that happen. What was I thinking? I can't just keep doing these things to Desirae when I know it's hurting her. I just can't believe I didn't realize what I was doing to her, what I was doing to us. I thought our relationship was going so well. But apparently not.

Now that I think about it, it does seem like everything revolves around me. I don't want that. I want it to be about us, about her.

I took my jacket off and threw it on the bed before taking off after Desirae. I had to get her back. I needed her. She was my one and only. The only one I wanted to spend my time with. It's true, Rocco and I have been working hard on our album, and I can't help but to blame myself for this whole mess. It's going to be my first tour, obviously I'm pumped. But with that comes the fact that I won't be spending much free time with the people I want to be with.

I found her alone at the front of the driveway, sitting on the sidewalk facing away from me. I could only see her back but I could already tell she was crying.

I walked up to her trying to be as subtle as possible, hoping not to frighten her.

"Baby," I said quietly, sitting down next to her as I hugged my arms around her hunched shoulders, "I'm sorry."

"Don't say that if you don't mean it."

I bit the inside of my mouth as I tried my best to turn her body to face me. "I mean it."

It was starting to feel like this was a joke. I wanted to start laughing but I knew that was way too inappropriate for this situation.

I pulled her towards me and rested her head against my chest, cradling her in my lap. "I'm so, so sorry for everything. I'm trying my hardest to not screw up, but I just can't help it. I'm prone to failure."

I heard a soft chuckle from her and I knew I had already won her over. She just wasn't going to admit it that easily. Classic. "You're not a failure, Austin." Desirae replied, lifting her head to face me. "You've come so far and I'm proud of you."

I smiled widely, causing her to blush as I kissed the top of her nose. "I'm just tired of waiting around for you." She whispered, my grin fading slowly. With just that simple sentence, I felt the pain and betrayal she had gone through just so I could do what I wanted.

"I know." I murmured.

She heaved a quiet breath and we both grew silent. I squeezed her closer to me and to reassure her that she was mine, I planted a kiss on the top of her head. We sat in the comforting silence of each other for a few minutes before I noticed her shivering. Scooping her up, I carried Desirae back inside the house. She didn't seem to flinch or anything, which was a first. She never liked it when I carried her like this but I did it anyway. I shut the front door and made our way into the kitchen.

She gave me a confused look, clearly not knowing why I had chosen to drop her off in the kitchen. I walked over to the freezer and looked for whatever there was. A few frozen pizzas wouldn't bother. I took them out and threw them in the toaster oven as Desirae sat quietly on the kitchen counter, watching my every move.

"I know this isn't what we planned tonight would be, but it's a start." I walked over to her and hugged her waist. She didn't hesitate to bring her arms around me afterwards. I kissed her slowly and held us there for as long as I could, not wanting to let go.

"But you have to make me a promise." She held out her pinky. Without even listening to what she'd have to say, I hooked our pinkies together tightly.

"Promise me you'll think about us more next time."

My answer was no surprise, I made sure I'd never make this mistake again.

"I promise."

___

Hello friends! How are you all? Haven't seen you guys in a while.

Desirae asked for this imagine a while ago in the comments so here you go!

Hope you liked it:)

Vote!

-Lena