Chapter 1

Hey! New story...feedback is welcome(: Oh, and "Calista" is pronounced "kuh-list-uh". This might be a boring chapter, but it's just the intro chapter! I promise the next ones will be more exciting, especially once 1D is in the picture!(:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I downed almost half of my water bottle before throwing it back into my bag. I was rehearsing for a dance number I'd be doing for a local band. They're famous around where I lived, but not that famous everywhere else. We liked to call them our celebrities, but calling them 'celebrities' may be exaggerating. Don't me wrong, they're amazing. It's just that they aren't quite celebrities.

"Are we gonna run it again?" I asked.

"Nah," the choreographer responded, "we've been rehearsing for hours. I think it looks fantastic. I'll let you all rest."

Sometimes I think I'm crazy for still wanting to dance more after hours of rehearsing. I can't help it, it's my addiction. Even after hours of sore feet and outrageous sweating, there's always still that part of me that doesn't want to stop.

"Hey, Calista, are you doing anything later?" One of my best friends, Bailey Green, asked me.

"Don't think so. Unless you count my plans with my friends Ben & Jerry's. Why? Have anything in mind?" I slipped on my Uggs and grabbed by bag.

"I think Tanya and Chassidy were planning a girls night for everyone that's in this. I didn't say yes or no yet, I was waiting for you. I have no friends," she grinned at me. We always joke how we are each other's only friends.

"Eh, sure. Why not?" I smiled, and walked over to Tanya to tell her to count me in.

We got back late at night, and after partying hard in the city of New York, I was pooped.

Bailey and I share an apartment on the twenty first floor of a building near the heart of the city. I love living with her. It's like a non-stop sleepover, or 'slumber party'!

"Okay, Callie! Don't freak out, got it?" Bailey warned me.

I plopped down onto the couch, "Okay, I'm prepared to freak out while I'm trying not to freak out."

"So, you know my friend that is an agent, or whatever she is?" I nodded. "And you know how she has like connections with famous people that go on the red carpet and everything?" Bailey always had to break things down nice and simple for me. "Well, she heard about this thing that she thought I'd be interested in. And I think you might be interested in it."

"Seriously, Bay? Just get to the freaking point!" I yelled.

"Calm down! Jeez! It's an audition. You know who One Direction is?" She asked. Honestly, who doesn't know about One Direction? They're the next British invasion!

"Of course, stupid."

"They're holding auditions for background dancers on their world tour! You audition, and I think they're choosing five or ten dancers! We're auditioning!" She squealed.

"No! No way! There is absolutely no chance that I'll ever do that! I can't! There's not a point!" I started ranting on about all of the reasons why I shouldn't audition. "First, there's going to be a million girls auditioning! They're all going to be better than me! Second, what if One Direction thinks we suck? Or, no, One Direction isn't actually going to be there. They probably have people or something. Gosh, famous people these days! They have people for everything!" 

Bailey cut of my rant, "Shut up! We are going to audition! My friend told me that not that many people even knew about these auditions! She said that only people who had connections to the inside world knew about them, and that the normal people off the street wouldn't know about them! So there isn't going to be that many people! We totally have a great shot at this!"

Does she literally think that we can become background dancers for one of the most popular bands in the world right now? I mean, we're good, but we aren't that good! It's nuts to think that we'd even stand a chance against all of the other dancers! When you think about it, if the auditions are only known about by 'people who had connections', then that probably means that they are all professional dancers! 

"No. No, Bay. I'm not going to the auditions. I'm not. But you know where I am going? To bed. I'm tired, and I'm done talking about this. I'm not going to humiliate myself by auditioning." I stormed off and into my room. Bailey didn't bother following. She knew there is no use.

She called after me, "The auditions are in a week!"

 I rolled my eyes, even though she can't see me. She's mental!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey guys! I'd like to know what you think...I actually think I could make this story work... this is a super super short chapter, so I'm going to upload again later. Tell me what you thought! (: xxx