Chapter 11: Someone Like You

After explaining everything, a few hours and a glass of wine later, Liam sat opposite me in silence.

I wonder what's going through his mind. Instead of letting him ponder, I decide to break the silence.

"I just feel like, lately, every night I've been going to sleep in tears because nothing is right... but when I wake up in the morning I put on a fake smile and act like everything's okay. I tell myself that Harry is just going through something weird and its my job to be there for him. But its draining me and that's not how a relationship is supposed to be... Right?" I say solemnly.

Liam thinks a little longer and then quietly responds with, "Sometimes... we waste too much time thinking about someone who doesn't even think about us for a second... Harry is being very selfish lately and to be honest you deserve better Felicia... Someone who will consider your feelings all the time, not just when its convenient. Someone that will treat you like a princess."

'Someone like you' I think. I swat the thought away like a fly.

"You're right." I whisper, choking back tears.

I swore I wouldn't cry in front of Liam again today.

Liam looks me in the eye and smiles.

"Look, you don't need Harry." Liam says, "You're a gorgeous young girl who has the world at her feet. You're a famous writer for sugarscape and you have job offers from huge writers all over the world. You even got an offer from one of the top magazines in America!" He places his hand on mine and says again, "You don't need Harry."

And he's right. I don't need that bull shit in my life. Harry doesn't deserve me. I deserve better and I don't need him!

I crack a small smile and give Liam a light hug. "Thank you" I whisper in his ear, "For being there for me. You always know what to say to make me feel better, and that's why I always turn to you."

Liam hugs me right back and says, "That's what I like to hear! Don't worry love, I'm going to cheer you right up!"

He pulls away from my hug to stare into my eyes with his mud brown ones. Those mud brown eyes that are always crinkled with a loving, warm, smile.