Chapter Nine

“Striking Dragon, now!” called Master Splinter, walking in front of his line of trainees.

                “Hi-ya!” my bros and I called, doing the form he just gave us. We had been doing this for about an hour and a half now…and we were getting T to the IRED!

                “Double Kick!” he commanded. I had to huff and puff before I could even think about how I was going to kick my leg up that high when I couldn’t even feel it…but I put my tough turtle face on and did it anyway.

                “Hi-ya! Hi-ya!” we exclaimed, one yelp for each kick.

                The rest of the hour was non-stop punching and kicking. My legs, back, arms, and head were thudding to the pace of my too fast for comfort, heartbeat. Sweat was practically pouring down me and my bros faces… I think I see that light everyone talks about in those cliché movies.

                “Okay my sons, that is enough training for now.” Said Sensei calmly, retreating back to his dojo. We bowed respectfully and as soon as he slid the door shut, we all fell to the floor, panting and whining about the work out session we were forced into.

                “Dude….that was…so, un-cool.” I panted, then fell right back on my shell.

                “You, said it Mikey,” Donnie replied, bending over to catch his breath “Brutal.”

                Leo stood and stretched his arms up above his head and then stretched them out, allowing them to fall back to his side. “Well,” he said, yawning. “I’m beat, so I’m going to bed.”

                “Yeah, I’m ‘bout to hit the hay.” Raph remarked, joining Leo in the idea of going to sleep.  Donnie jumped to his feet and followed my brothers up the wall all ninja like to their own rooms. Not me though, I migrated to the couch.

                There.Was.Nothing.On.At.All.

Boring, no, no, no, stupid Oprah, no. Stupid Hannah Montana forever, no, no….oooo.

                “A pretty popular comic store owner, Jim Dobson, had his store broken into. We found out that his fifteen year old daughter, Anastasia Dobson, was running the store when the attempted robbery was taking place. The police caught the two men in the black and even though they had guns, no harm was done.” Said the news lady….yeah, so they think. “And here we have a brief interview with Miss Anastasia Dobson on the subject.

                “When we came onto the scene, the two men were knocked out cold, what exactly happened here?”

                “Nothing.” She replied “I don’t know what happened.” She seemed so hostile, so irritated…I wanted to scream at her through the TV, seeing if she was alright…Anya…

                “They were armed, did you or anyone else get hit?”

                “No.” she lied, right through her teeth. I turned off the TV and groaned. Lying made me feel sick now-a-days... but she had to lie…to keep our existence secret…but still, made me queasy. I ran to my room and looked around frantically, searching for something, anything at all to relieve me of my boredom…and once again, I found nothing. And going topside was out of the question, bad things always happen when any of us do that…so since I was down to nothing again, reality one, Mikey zero, I retreated to my lumptious bed and fell asleep not right away, but after I began to think about her…and I surfed into a dream….shell this is what I get for watching chick flicks, I sound like a retard…oh well.

                ANYA’S POV

                “Okay well you heard it here folks, I’m Chelsea Stone with Channel 7 News.” The director yelled cut and the reporter lady slouched in her chair and groaned “Look sweetie. You really should try and lighten up a little bit.” She remarked, looking to me through groggy and tired eyes. I huffed then stood

“Yeah, I’ll try and remember that on my next interview when I’m in complete shock.” I snapped then began my way towards the exit doors and off the set for good. How humiliating!

                I threw the mic attacked to my shirt on the back table and walked out of the TV stations building. I didn’t get why I had to be interviewed, was this town that intrigued by yet another robbery? Like those don’t happen all the God blessed time here…what made ours so special. I ignored the thought when I heard our rattling car close by. My mom was waiting for me…she leaned over form her seat to crank down the window on the passengers side “How’d it go?”

                I opened the door, got in, and slammed it shut “Fine.” I muttered

                “Oh dear, tell all about it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anya's Mommy ---->