Epilogue

Epilogue

Dedicated to everyone who's reading this... Yes that means you!!

Dominic placed his arm around Alyssa's waist and rested his hand on her lap. The sun was out and it was a beautiful day here, behind the metal walls, where you couldn't hear the moans of the undead miles away.

"I don't get why you don't want to be a cheerleader again," Dominic said as he watched the girls cheer practice in the park.

Alyssa looked at him.

"If I remember correctly," she stated, "you said cheerleaders were stuck-up brats who should all die in a hole."

Dominic laughed.

"Yes, but our school's uniforms weren't as short as these ones."

And that was when Alyssa slapped in the back of his head.

"You're so violent!" he said, rubbing the back of his head.

"And you're a pervert!" she said, laughing.

"I'm not pervert, I'm a man."

"Hey," Jeremy said. "I agree with him."

That got him a whack in the chest from his girlfriend.

"Ow, babe!" Jeremy said. "That hurt!"

"That's the point," Ella said, smirking.

They continued to talk and eat the picnic they had prepared. It was the first time in a whole year that they felt safe, and happy.

But then Jeremy turned and saw a shadow looking at him. He knew right away who it was.

"Hey, guys, I'll be right back," he said, letting go of Ella and walking away.

"Are you following me now?" Jeremy said angrily.

The man laughed.

"I have to make sure you don't tell anyone of our arrangement," Dr. Storm said, an evil smirk on his face.

"I already told you I would do whatever you want. But you're not hurting them. Ever."

Jeremy took a step closer to emphasize his point. He was taller than Dr. Storm and much more aggressive.

He could easily take him down.

But the scientist only laughed.

"Jeremy, look around. I have military guards everywhere. If so much as a hair is out of place, you and everyone that has ever spoke to you dies. You want that, Jeremy?"

His body tensed and his hands made fists.

"No."

"Good," he said, patting Jeremy on the back. "Remember, I'm watching you."

With that he left, leaving Jeremy to hate him even more.

But what Jeremy didn't know what was there that there was someone else watching him.

The man in the black hoodie hid behind the tree.

He knew Dr. Storm was up to something, something bad. And that blonde kid was part of it.

Shoving his hands into his pocket, he made his way to the hospital.

He slipped his way into a nearby closet and changed. He walked up to the cute young girl at the front desk.

"Doctor," she said, noticing the man's lab coat.

He smiled at her.

"Student doctor," he corrected. "I'm only nineteen."

She giggled, happy to know they were the same age.

"And what can I do for you, student doctor?"

He smiled at her and leaned closer.

"I need Jeremy's Olsen's files."

Her face fell.

"I-I can't do that."

He raised his eyebrow. She was scared. Why?

She must have read his confused face.

"Dr-Dr. Storm said not to give that file to anyone," she explained.

"But you don't understand, he sent me to get them."

It was a simply lie, one that he had told many times before.

"Oh," she said, her face lighting up a bit.

But he knew what was going on. She looked through the files and handed him a yellow folder.

"Who did he threaten to kill?" he asked in a low voice.

His voice was serious and calmed. She looked surprised at first, but then answered.

"My brother. I don't even know where he is! He ran away a few months ago."

Ran away?

"What's his name?"

"Braulio."

He smiled. "I know where is," he said. "He's fine and out of Dr. Storm's reach."

This time she raised her eyebrow.

"Something tells me you're not a doctor."

He laughed, stuffing the folder away. He started to walk away when she called out to him.

"Wait, who are you?" she asked, suddenly curious.

He turned and smiled.

"I'm one of the good guys."

With that he turned around and left, with the folder holding all the answers to saving the world.