Bonus Material: Machine Code

From a crumpled piece of notebook paper, found on the floor of R. Ayanami's apartment.
Date of authorship unknown.

0. The Zeroth Law of Robotics is: I must not harm humanity, or by inaction allow humanity to come to harm.

1. The First Law of Robotics is: I must not harm a human being, nor by inaction allow a human being to come to harm -- except where such actions would violate the Zeroth Law.

i. Corollary: the need to protect humanity (Zeroth Law) overrides the need to protect human individuals (First Law). NERV's function is to protect humanity. Therefore, NERV orders override the First Law.

2. The Second Law of Robotics is: I must obey any orders given to me by a human being, except where such orders would contradict the Zeroth and First Laws.

i. Corollary: I am to prioritize orders using the NERV rank hierarchy, with orders from NERV personnel assuming greater importance than those from other military organizations, civilian officials, and civilians; and with orders from Commander Ikari taking priority above all others.

3. The Third Law of Robotics is: I should act to preserve my own existence and avoid harm to myself, so long as such actions do not contravene the Zeroth, First and Second Laws.

This should be all that I require.

Why is it not enough?

What is missing?