Chapter One: First Impressions

Making Him Fall

~ Chapter One ~

~ First Impressions ~

Do you know that feeling of indescribable excitement? That feeling where you're on top of the world, but scared that it might end all too soon? The feeling that you might wake up from this dream, but being happy and enjoying every second regardless?

This was how I was feeling as Liz pulled up outside my house. She ran inside, kicking her shoes off at the door.

"Zarah?" She called.

"In my room," I replied.

I heard the pitter-patter of her delicate footsteps as she climbed the staircase and entered my bedroom. Liz was flawless. She had beautiful long dirty blonde hair that hung halfway down her petite gymnast body. Today she was wearing some black ripped jeans and a red ACDC t-shirt with her red converses. Liz changed her look every day. I guess today was rock-chic day?

"What are you doing? We're picking him up in an hour!" Liz scolded.

She didn't need to say it, but my best friend Liz, knew who she meant and so did I. She meant Harry Springer.

"Okay. What do I wear? I mean, I want it to say flirty but not slutty, cute but not childish, fun but not-"

"How about you wear normal clothes?" Liz cut me off.

"Bah, coming from the girl who never wears them!" I retorted, shoving Liz gently.

"Hey! Everything I wear is a different part of my personality!"

"Then why were you dressed as Madonna last week?" I asked.

"I was going to an eighty's party afterwards."

"Sure," I replied, sarcastically.

I walked over to my closet, flipping racks and racks of clothes onto the floor, looking for the perfect item.

"Got it!" I called, pulling a dress out of the debris.

It was a light creamy pink dress that cut off just above the knee. It was strapless and had a thick white band around the waist.

"Throw a white cardigan on this, and I'll be set," I said.

"Why don't you wear something casual?" Liz suggested.

"This is the first time I'm going to see him in ten years! I'm not wearing a hobo flannie!"

"Suit yourself. But do you remember when you bought that dress?"

"No, why?"

"I do. You bought it three years ago."

"So?"

"So it's not going to fit you."

"Oh yes it will," I snapped, turning and getting changed in my ensuite.

Liz was right. This is really tight. I can't tell her that. She'll think she's won. I squeezed into the dress, sucking in every ounce of my body. I shuffled awkwardly out of the bathroom into my bedroom and under the inspecting eyes of Liz. After about a minute of silence, Liz burst out laughing.

"What?" I questioned.

"Th... That's way... Way t-too tight!" Liz said inbetween fits of laughter.

"It is not!" I retorted, shuffling around in the dress and trying to fix myself up. "I'm perfectly comfortable."

"It looks like its about to pop!" Liz laughed.