Chapter: 3

Chapter 3:

When I got to school I saw Sam and Owen standing by my locker. What did they want, I thought. I walk by a try to scootch them out of my way, they wouldnt budge.

"Sam, get the fuck out of the way.' I say stubbernly.

He just laughs at me "No way." He keeps laughing.

I wait there for him to move until he finaly does.

"Thank you." I say sarcastically.

"Your welcome." He says with a wink.

He is so conceited.

I get my books for math and close my locker. I walk to Allies and wait for her there. When she comes she just keeps smiling.

"Why are you so ecstatic?" I ask.

"Ecstatic is an understaement. Anyway I feel like that because David asked me out!" she says hopping up and down.

"Thats great! I knew all you had to do was talk to him!" I say.

"Now all we have to do is find you a guy." she says grabbing her books.

"I dont need anyone, I'm perfectly fine without anyone. Besides, I don't have my eyes on anyone." I say while we walk to math.

"How about Lucas? Or Max,oh, how about Ian?" she lists off all their names smiling and pointing to them.

"No, I'm fine without them, all of them. And they all have girlfriends." I say.

"Oh, I knew that. I just thought, you know, you know what nevermind. Forget I said anything. Be lonely for the rest of your junior year." she says as we walk into class.

I cant help but smile a little, she is always trying to get me with someone. Shes crazy if she thinks thats going to happen.

Mr. Dean says that we have to finish some worksheets and then we have a test to take. I finish the worksheets and turn them in. He hands me to test and I read the first question and know exactly what I will get, an F. I cant even do the first question, great. I try my best anyways and when I finish I start to read my book, The Mortal Intraments City of Bones. I read for the rest of the period until the bell rings. I wait at the door for Allie.

"How do you think you did on the test?" I ask.

"Big fat F." she said disappointed.

"Don't worry, I think I flunked it too." we both laugh and go to my locker.

Allie and I have all our classes together.

When I get to my locker and open it, a small piece of paper falls out. I look at Allie in confusion. She shrugs and tells me to open it.

I do and has a phone number on it with it saying 'call this number at lunch'. I hand it to Allie.

"What the fuck, whose number is this?" she asks.

"I don't know, but were gonna find out at lunch." I say.

I put my stuff away and grab my pencil pouch. We then go to Allies locker then head to art.

When we walk in the teacher, Mrs. Hart, hands us a piece of paper. I sit at my seat and read it. It's an in class project.

Create a drawing that represents something special or important to you. Then it has to be either painted or colored.

Seems easy enough. I just have to figure out what to draw. I begin doodling on a blank piece of paper while Mrs. Hart tells us the rest if the instructions.

I draw a little girl laying in the grass pointing up to a cloud. This reminded me of when I was little. My father and I would look up at the clouds and tell each other what we saw. That gave me an idea, I could draw my dad I like this picture, looking at the clouds. All I had to do was redraw it and add my dad.

I started drawing him in an then my teacher came up to me.

"Is that what your doing for the project, it's very good." she says.

"Thanks, and yeah, it is." I smile and begin drawing again.

It was pretty hard to draw my dads face when he was younger. I had to think back to all those memories with him. Which was hard since I was only eight at the time.

The next class is science, Sam and my brother were also in that class with me.

I walked in laughing with Allie when the teacher called me to her desk.

"Yes Mr. Saunders?" I ask.

"May I speak with you after class?" he asks, he seems mad.

"Um, sure." I say walking to my seat.

"What was that about?" Allie mouths across the room.

"I don't know." I mouth back.

I go the rest of the time not paying much attention, was in trouble?

The bell rang for us to go to lunch, in the middle if the class we go to lunch and then go back till the next bell.

Allie is already waiting for me by the door.

"Why did he want you?" she asks.

"He wanted to see me after class." I say.

Were almost to lunch when she pulls me back "Wait! The phone number go get it." she reminds me.

"Oh, right." we go back to my locker and get the paper and my phone.

I put them in my hoodie pocket and go to lunch.

I get a bag of chips, a chicken sandwich, and tater tots.

I sit where Allie is and take my phone out. I call the number while Allie looks around for whoever it is who gave me the number.

"Hello?" the voice says.

"Hi, who are you?" I ask looking around.

There are at least ten other people on their phones.

I then spot Sam on his with my brother laughing.

"I'm your dream come true, the one you have been looking your whole life for."

I tug on Allie and point to them, she nods and walks by to them without them noticing.

She nods her head and comes back.

"It's them." she says.

"Well, if your the one I'm looking for, then come over here and sit with me." I say, messing with them.

"Um, okay." he says then hangs up.

We both laugh and begin eating.

They never came over.

After lunch I go back to science, when that is over I go to Mr. Saunders and ask him why I'm here.

"You here because I got a tip about you. I heard from another student that you have been beating up another student, and I don't like bullying. Now, I don't know who that student is, but I can call the boy who said you did." he says sternly.

"Okay, go right ahead because I can assure I didn't hurt anyone." I say a bit worried.

"Alright, I'll bring him in. But you have to go to the principals office, he will be there soon" he says.

And with that I walk to the principals office.

I sit in the big brown chair across from his desk.

"Listen, Mr. Harris, I didn't beat anyone up, and I have never done that to anyone and I never would." I say.

It's silent until the door opens, then Andy, my ex, walks in.

~Maya Hale