Chapter Three

Chapter Three

“Look, son, you still need to find your three human girls. One for your mate, one for drainage and one as a sacrifice. You understand that don’t you?” The King asked, looking down at his son who was bowed in respect. His son shrugged.

“I don’t think it’s fair that we kill two innocent people for nothing. One won’t even serve any purpose. At least the person drained is useful because we can feed off of her blood. I don’t understand all that sacrifice crap.” He replied with all honesty to his father, who by now was fuming with rage and anger.

“Follow the example of your brother Scott, Patrique, Scott has already found and brought home one girl as of today. You need to be more like him and less of the carefree attitude that you have. Life isn’t something you can go about with no ideas or plans. Find your three girls before the end of the week” King Ashtin said to his disappointment of a son Patrique.

“Scott is an idiot. Have you even seen the girl he’s brought back. Her name is Brixie. I wouldn’t be surprised if she is the one he sacrifices. I have three girls here actually; Lyle captured them for me a few minutes ago. Their names are Mae, Gwen and Elwyn” he replied, knowing his father would finally be impressed.

“Well then, I apologise”

Scott sauntered into the room. “I have my three girls as well, don’t get too cocky Patrique. I have Brixie, Monica and Janice” he smirked, sending a death glare to his brother. He always acted like the older brother from hell towards Patrique and enjoyed being mean to him. The king looked at his sons in anger to see them fighting again but also in pride that they had found their girls.

I woke up in a cellar that resembled a cell in a prison. The walls were grey and cold and the room filled with an icy breeze. All I could taste was blood and my jaw ached, so I assumed they’d broken my jaw in the process of dragging me here. I spat out the blood-saliva mix and cringed as I reached for my neck. It was tender and there appeared to be an S there. I stood up cautiously, my body aching.

“Do you have a death wish or something?” I heard a voice say from the shadows of the room. I looked up immediately; this didn’t help my neck any more. I held it as I staggered over to where the voice had come from. I passed a mirror and saw the S shaped scar in my neck and frowned, that wasn’t there before. “Don’t worry, we all have one of three letters, mine is a D” she added.

“What does it mean?” I asked, looking down at the petite blond girl curled up in the shadowy corner. Her hair was a pixie cut and her face sweet, but I could tell she had a temper. You could tell behind her pupils. I looked at the same scar like letter on her neck, but her’s was less red and had healed.

“I don’t know yet. My name is Janice by the way. Not Jan-is, it’s pronounced Jan-eece. No nicknames either. I used to have a friend who called me J-Dog, but that got really annoying really quickly. So just call me Janice, because that’s my name” she said, holding her hand out towards me. I looked at her confused; it was like she was talking to herself but said all of it out loud. I proved my point about her under-lying anger issues.

“Erm, I’m Brixie. But I prefer being called Brix, it’s kind of like a nickname-”

“Ha, they won’t use anything but your full first name here. They couldn’t care less about your nickname. But I’ll call you Brix. Human to human I guess” she said, a vacant look in her eyes as she chuckled. It unsettled me.

“Human to human? Ok, now I’m a little confused” I asked, looking at her with a mask of the emotion over my face. She shot me a look and smiled at me with a large grin. This girl knew how to work the light to her benefit and her eyes almost sparkled.