Chapter Eighteen

(A/N): WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT!!!

It’s in the middle of the chapter. For those of you who don’t like that stuff just skip over it. It will be the only section marked with ***. It will start when you see *** and end when you see ***.

***********************

Chapter Eighteen

I look over at Kim, sweat is beading down her face. Her hands are clutching the wheel so tightly her knuckles are turning white.

“Okay, now gently take your foot off the brake.” I say as calmly as I can.

Her eyes are wide and she’s looking straight ahead, all she can do is nod. The car slowly starts moving at a snail’s pace, but at least it’s moving.

I turn to smile at her proudly, “Good, you’re moving. Do you want to go ahead and press the gas?”

She turns to me for a brief second with a horrified look on her face, “You want me to go faster?”

“That’s how you drive a car Kim, you’re gonna need to go faster,” I tell her patiently.

It’s Monday, after school, we’re in an abandoned parking lot and I’m trying to teach Kim how to drive my car.

“I don’t see why you didn’t let me go first,” Seth says from the backseat, “At least I’m not scared. We’ve been here for an hour and have barely gone five feet. Didn’t you try this last year? If she didn’t get it then, what makes you think she can get it now?”

Kim glares at him through the rearview mirror, “Stop exaggerating you stupid jerk.”

I turn in my seat and give him a pointed look, “Seth, now is really not the time to piss her off. Now stop complaining and be patient.”

Alex, who for some weird reason wanted to come with us, leans forward in his seat, “You should’ve left one of them at home.”

“I didn’t want to leave one at home. I wanted to get them both started today so I can go home and study.”

He just shrugs in response and pulls his phone out of his pocket. We’re going about ten miles per hour right now, as slow as that may seem it’s definitely an improvement from last year.

Kim turns to look at me briefly, “Why did you bring him again?”

Alex leans forward again until he’s right next to her face, “’Cause I wanted to.”

For the next fifteen minutes they keep up a steady conversation about nothing important, while I randomly give Kim instructions in-between, Alex has managed to keep her distracted enough to not be nervous but to still concentrate on driving.

After another thirty minutes she easily pulls into a parking spot and turns to give me a beaming smile that I can’t help but return, “I did it!”

I smile at her proudly, “Good job Kim. Okay, Seth’s turn.”

The two of them switch places, but not without giving each other a few annoyed shoves. Seth eagerly climbs into the driver’s seat and calmly adjusts his mirrors and puts his seatbelt on.

I turn to him, ready to give him instructions, but before I can even get a word out the car lurches forward at an alarming speed making us three passengers yelp in surprise.

“Seth slow down! We’re in a parking lot not a race track!”

He ignores me and continues to drive like a madman, even with the three of us yelling at him to slow down.