Before Sunset

"A large drop of sun lingered on the horizon and then dripped over and was gone, and the sky was brilliant over the spot where it had gone, and a torn cloud, like a bloody rag, hung over the spot of its going. And dusk crept over the sky from the eastern horizon, and darkness crept over the land from the east."

John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

Avery Daniels was one of the world's most famous wedding gown designers. She's worked with people of numerous varieties, including: famous clients, long time friends, and even individuals who couldn't necessarily afford the most expensive design, but settled with beautiful dresses at a practical price. Life for Avery wasn't always so joyful, although she did try to convince others in believing so. Nearly eleven years ago, at the young age of eighteen, Avery ran away from home without a word to anyone, hoping to get over her troubled past in Cleveland, Ohio. Currently residing in London, England, she believes she has lived her life the way all woman her age are expected to. That is, until she receives a surprising visit from the man she once thought she would walk down the aisle with; that man being Spencer Larkin. And if things couldn't get any more twisted, he was waltzing in with a new woman in his arm with a dazzling engagement ring placed snuggly on her left finger.

A story centered around the relationship between two people who are still trying to find their silver lining in the world, Spencer and Avery dig into their dark past only to discover secrets, lies, and betrayal. With the wedding two months away, how long can the two continue to deny the spark that has undeniably reignited amongst them?

I really hope you guys all enjoy this story. I've been meaning to write this for years, but never got the chance to. So here it goes! I'll be posting the first chapter soon. xoxo