IV (Revised)

3 Months Before The Wedding

Days were now ticking down to the moment that Giuliana Bellucci would become Giuliana Graziano. The nerves were beginning to set in, and everyday that passed Giuliana was becoming more and more unbearable. Salvatore, Joe, and Marco spent most of their time holed up in the home office or away on business. Isabella stayed in the home library or in her room. The only people willing to deal with the bride-to-be were her mother and sister Monica. Giuliana's nerves were getting the better of her, she barely slept, ate, or could stay focused on more than one thing at a time. The source of her nervousness lay in the fact that she had not seen Giovanni in over a year, and before that she only saw him five times. In the span of two years, Giuliana had only seen her fiancé on five separate occasions. He always would send flowers as a way of apologizing for missing their scheduled 'dates' and would say that his work was giving him problems.

But her patience with him had worn thin, and she didn't even really know him. The only way she had a knowledge of his preferences was when Philomena would come over to help her, her mother, and her sisters plan the wedding. In that time she learned that Giovanni liked steak and pasta.

"The dress came Giuliana!" Isabella squealed as the butler opened the door for two Bellucci guards to bring the wedding dress into the living room. Giuliana had found several dresses that she liked, but none were approved by Donatella or Philomena. So Donatella did what she had always dreamed of doing, giving her daughter a custom-made wedding gown. The Bellucci women gathered around the box as Giuliana opened it up, when she finally did they all gasped in approval. It was designed exactly how Giuliana had imagined it would be, tulle made up the skirt of the dress while hand sown white flower petals littered the bottom of it. A thin bow was wrapped around the midsection of the bodice, which was covered in lace. A lace and tulle cathedral length veil was also included in tissue paper, wrapped in pastel pink tissue paper.

"It's beautiful! You're going to look just like a princess," Donatella said examining each and every inch of the wedding dress. "Everyone is going to be in awe of you when you walk down the aisle," Isabella breathed. "Try it on Giuliana!" Monica said helping Isabella and Donatella carry the heavy dress up the stairs and into the master bedroom's ensuite bathroom.

It took fifteen minutes for Giuliana to finally get into her wedding dress even with three extra pairs of hands. "Dio mio!" Donatella became teary eyed as Giuliana stood in the middle of the bedroom and modeled the dress for them. "You're bellissima!" Both of her sisters stood in awe as they saw their baby sister in her wedding gown, she looked grownup, not like the quiet little girl they had known their entire lives. "Are you sure it isn't too big?" Giuliana turned to look at herself in the full length mirror. "No it's perfect!" Isabella rushed to hug her sister, "Everyone will love it!"

Monica stood back watching her sister with wide eyes, it had finally hit her that her little sister was leaving the house and starting a new life. Ever since she could remember, Giuliana was right by her side, after all they were only a year apart. They didn't have any memories of life without the other. "What's wrong Monica?" Giuliana titled her head, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine," Monica blinked back her tears, "You just look really nice Giuliana." 'Fuck, if I'm like this now, how am I going to be on the day of the wedding?'

"Okay I'm ready to get out of it," Giuliana said.

"Is that what you're going to tell Giovanni on your wedding night?" Monica joked, reverting back to her normal self.

Donatella rolled her eyes, before grabbing her cell phone. "Maybe I will. It's a good way to break the ice." Giuliana replied with a laugh. "Hold still Giuliana, I want to send a picture of you in your dress to Philomena."