Chapter 20.

We had arrived at our home in Calabasas in about 45 minutes, Jacob goes a lot slower because of Aston. I had Aston and Beans in my hands as Jacob took the bags, he was clenching his jaw and slamming doors, I decided to keep quiet in order for him to calm down. We got inside and the house was lit up, funnily enough I had missed this place even though it brought back memories of Jacob being taken away from me. The boys walked out of the front room holding their guns. "Would you seriously think a burglar would stroll through the door without smashing something? Put the fucking guns down." Jacob said, I could hear the anger in his voice. Suddenly he dropped the bags and ran at Jaden grabbing his throat, "I TOLD YOU GET RID OF HIM! I TOLD YOU TO KILL HIM! YOUR MY BOY WHY DIDNT YOU!!??" Jacob screamed pushing Jaden into the wall, he was obviously talking about Craig. Daniel pulled Jacob back and Myles held back Jaden, "Boss calm down!" Daniel shouted at Jacob, "Get off me," Jacob said bluntly as he stared at Jaden, "Get out of my house," He said to Jaden, "You had one job Jaden and you let me down." Jacob said deeply then walked up stairs, I followed without saying a word, I let down Beans and put Aston in his room to sleep, fortunately this boy could sleep through anything. I made my way into mine and Jacob's room, he was on the balcony I decided to go out there with him. I didn't say anything I just stood next to him rubbing my hand on his back, "You think I was too harsh on Jaden?" He spoke after two minutes, "I'm not sure of the severity of the situation but I'll stand by your decisions." I said calmly, he stood behind me putting his hands on the ledge. The view was very calming, we had a lot of land as the backyard was very big, but we could see our neighbours we was most definitely the youngest people to own a house here. "Baby..." Jacob said, "Yeah?" I replied, "Craig is in the trunk of the car..." Jacob said, I raised an eyebrow and continued looking forward, "I need to go get him out and put him in the basement, stay in the bedroom okay Mace?" I nodded as Jacob left me walking out and downstairs. I went and sat on the bed stroking Beans, I heard Jacob shouting, "DO IT THEN JADEN!" Jacob screamed, I heard a gun shot, the sound pierced my ears, soon after Aston started screaming I ran out and down the stairs, I could see Myles and Daniel but not Jacob, Jaden or Craig. "Maci don't come down here," Daniel said, I didn't listen, "Where is Jacob?" I said with attitude, they looked down towards the basement, I heard 2 voices speaking but couldn't make them out, I walked down the stairs and saw Jaden next to Jacob. I took a deep breath out, "I guess there was no point of telling you to stay upstairs right Mace?" Jacob laughed, "I heard a gun shot... I also heard you shouting, I thought you got shot." I said quietly, Jacob embraced me with a hug, "No one here is going to shoot me Mace, these boys are my brothers we'd fight and hurt each other but never kill." He said reassuring me and embracing me with a hug. As he let go I saw Craig, he was bleeding from his knee and chained up to some kind of rail, "H-help me M-Maci," he whimpered out I stared at him until he became a blur, "No." I said bluntly, Lord forgive me I know I should help him but all those times... All those times he hurt me, beat on me, shouted abuse at me, made me feel weak and little, used me... I just couldn't find the strength in me to fight against my own husband's decision, I wouldn't fight against him because I simply loved this man too much.

Myles and Daniel were now both in the basement, the boys began to laugh I bit my bottom lip and stared at the ground, "You made my wife suffer asshole, you made her cry, made her scared now even when I raise my voice in an argument she tenses up! Tenses up around her own husband who would never hit her and it will always be like that because you scarred her." Jacob said angrily, I must admit he was very intimidating when he was angry. "Killing you would be way to easy man, way to easy... Na I'll let you live, but first," Jacob laughed to himself, "First I'm gonna make you suffer, boys do what I pay you for." He said walking out and putting his arm around me, "If I tell you to do something Mace please do it," he sighed, "Sorry Jake I just thought you were hurt I don't know what I would have done..." Tears escaped my eyes, "Please stay strong baby, you're the one that keeps me strong," he laughed, "If you break down now so will I." He cupped my face with his hands but that didn't stop me crying, he took off his shirt and wiped my tears with it, "I'm sorry Jacob," I said, "What for you haven't done anything wrong?" He asked, "For tensing up around you... I don't mean to..." I spoke softly, he shh'ed me and rocked me in his arms as we sat on the stairs. He suddenly picked me up and took me into Aston's room, I stood back on the ground as we looked at him, "He'll have a good life I promise, nothing like this... I regret getting into this life." Jacob said, "Hey, your doing good baby a home and a family, you are most certainly blessed so be happy." I replied, "But look at my back, from my shoulders to the bottom of my spine scars, yeah most of them with disappear but the deep ones wont, they'll remind me of the past for eternity." Jacob said, "Jacob you think those are a problem? Jacob you could have scars on your face, you could even be missing a limb or you could even be dead, your one of the lucky ones, don't feel sorry for yourself... Not whilst I'm here because those scars wont get rid of me I'll forever stand by your side."

Jacob sighed and walked into our bedroom, "I shouldn't have put you in this position, don't you understand the danger you could be in if someone tries to come after me?" He said, "Well its a bit too late for that now Jacob, we've been married for more than two years and have a baby together, just take each day as it comes." I said, "AYE BOSS! ITS SORTED MAN, COME GET THE BASEMENT KEYS!" Jacob rolled his eyes and laid back on the bed, shortly after Daniel came through the door, "Bro your lazy man," he said walking in, "aye bro you good man?" He said sitting down on the bed, Jacob sat up "Na man." He said to Daniel, Daniel looked at his back, "I feel your pain bruh, we all do, my scars are worse than yours man, you're lucky your girl aint scared of them, I told Alicia and Tanya and they both just left me, Maci stayed for you man you have a good girl there," I smiled as Daniel walked out placing a hand on my shoulder, "Look after my boy," he whispered, "We need him." He smiled and walked out. I sat down on the bed behind Jacob kissing his back, "A few have disappeared baby, it only gets better." Jacob reached into the drawer and pulled out his blunt whatever you call it and started smoking, I was now rested up against the headboard on the bed with Jacob in-between my legs smoking. "Fuck man this shit strong," he coughed, I played with his hair and we stayed like that for the next hour or two, I don't know how much Jacob smoked but that boy was funny when he was high. I kept going in and checking on Aston also, Beans never left his side, he was always in the room with Aston and even the slightest little cry he would start barking, its amazing how dog's behaviors change when around young children and babies. Suddenly a loud banging came from downstairs and Craig's voice echoed through the house, "Maaan," Jacob whined, "Damn fools aint ever keep QUIET!" He said lifting his half naked body up, "Lets go see what the problem is baby," he giggled, "Baby." He said and giggled again, he turned around to hold my hand, his eyes bright red.

"What this fool want?" Jacob said as he got downstairs, "Jadon.. Jadan... Jadennnn! Wooh!" He fist punched the air, "Sup bro?" He said staring at Jacob, "Let's go shut him up," He smiled at Jaden and unlocked the basement, turning on the light I saw Craig by the top of the stairs with his face bruised and bloody, "What do you want bro?" Jacob said, "M..Ma..Maci." Craig said, "I need w...water." I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen getting Craig a glass of water I came back and walked into the basement giving it to him, he took hold of my arm, "Please Maci," he whispered, "Get them to let me out of here and I promise I'll never hurt you again... Please." Craig whispered to me, before I could reply I felt my body being picked up and carried away from him... I hated to see someone in pain like that, I will have to speak to Jacob later or most likely in the morning when he's no longer high.

I made my way upstairs and to Aston's room with a warm bottle of milk, I changed him but as soon as I did he stomped his way to Jacob, "Ahhh Aston!" Jacob screamed excitedly, "Are you ready to play?" He said, "No Jacob, if he plays now he'll be up all night and I wont get any sleep because you'll be too conked out to wake up," I said, "Ooh look Aston mommy angry... Ooh she just told Daddy off, sowwy momma." He said passing Aston back to me, I went back into his room feeding him his bottle and rocking him to sleep, "Look after Aston Beans," I said to Beans... I think Jacob's behavior was starting to affect me. "Mace, are you coming to bed?" Jacob said yawning, "Yes my darling." I said smiling, I got ready for bed and joined Jacob who was now fully gone there was no waking him up until the morning. I wrapped my arms around his waist and placed my head on his chest, I was laying on Jacob because Jacob was sprawled out like a starfish there was absolutely no room unless I slept on him, ooh how he was going to regret getting this high in the morning, I couldn't wait to tell him off. I laughed to myself, I act like Jacob is my son also and not my husband... I held onto him tight as I thought about Craig downstairs, I'll persuade Jacob to let him go tomorrow... Possibly. Maybe.