Chapter 21 part one

(Chapter 21) please read author note

(Angel POV)

I stared out the window wanting to go outside.
“Hey Angel,” I turned around seeing Ashley and Thomas. I smiled as they came over to me and looked over my shoulder at the yard.
“You want to go outside,” Ashley asked bending down to me as I nodded some reason everyone is really tall, Ashley had to be over five eight and Thomas had to be over six feet, even Jonah is kind of tall.
“Yes, but I’m not allowed,” I muttered turning back to the window. The yard is huge, I’ve never seen so much grass so close before.
“You can go out, we’ll take you,” I perked up a little, but eyed them with suspicion; I looked over at Jonah who gave me two thumbs up while nodding.
“Are you sure? You won’t get in trouble right?” I don’t want anyone getting in trouble because of me.
“Yes we promise,” Thomas spoke while Ashley held out her hand for me. I took it cautiously while picking my bear up off the window sill.
“Okay,” I muttered letting her pull me out the room. I took a deep breath and looked around. The house looks normal and oddly familiar.
“Its okay,” Ashley said giving me a soft smile as I nodded and crept forward clenching my bear as he told me to follow them down the stairs. I kept going until we reached a kitchen where that man and women were. They were talking to each other with the lady sitting on his lap.
“Angel,” They stared at me shocked I swallowed and looked down in a panic
“I’m sorry, she said I could leave and I tried to tell them I couldn’t, but don’t hurt me I promise to stay in the room,” The red head woman came over to me with a smile while I backed up some looking at Ashley for help, but she only squeezed my hand gently, trying to reassure me.
“Its fine, go play outside and when you come back in we’ll have some food for you,” I stared at her and the man not knowing what to say so instead I held Ashley’s hand tighter than before. She smiled and pulled me gently out the house. I smiled and looked around enthusiastically, while Thomas put me in a big puffy coat, he zipped it up for me before placing a warm hat over my head.
“Thank You,” I mumbled politely before going over to a tree I stared at it before reaching out and touching it. I smiled at the rough and wrinkly brown bark.
“A tree,” Ashley said I frowned. Does she think I’m stupid? I may be just another experiment to them but I’m not dumb.
“Sorry,” she apologized her cheeks turned a deep shade of red. My eyes widen she apologizing no one ever apologizes to me. I bent down and ran my hands through the grass smiling as I sat my bear up against the tree.
“Do you like it?” I ask him quietly getting a yes almost immediately I smiled and kissed his nose before sitting next to him.
“You don’t want to touch the snow,” Ashley pointing towards the white sheet that covered some of the grass. I shook my head and grabbed bear sitting him on my lap. Snow is cold and last time, I kept my fingers in too long, they burned for almost two day and they were very sore. Everyone was also angry at me.
“No, no, bad for hands,” I explained showing them my pale fingers that were slowly turning blue. Its really cold out, but I like the outside I haven’t been outside for almost a year now.
“Here, this will keep them warm,” Thomas said pulling out mittens, he slips them onto my hands I curled them up and pulled my bear closer to me as Ashley sat down beside me. I cautiously placed my head on her lap and sighed.
“Don’t fall asleep its cold out,” she warned but it was too late, its so much fresh air and openness I haven’t felt like this for awhile now.
“I’m sorry, I want to stay out for awhile and I’ll try hard not to sleep,” I muttered welcoming the darkness.

(Blake POV)

I ran into Angel’s back yard spotting her immediately, she was curled up under a tree with Ashley. I frowned and went over to them.
“You’re letting her sleep in the cold, what if she gets sick?” I growled bending down and picking my mate up, she snuggled against me, I can’t see much of her face since she’s bundled up but I’m sure she’s smiling.
“I was warming her up fine,” I ignored her and carried Angel back into the house where her grandmother is waiting. I had gone and picked her up, I didn’t tell her anything. I literally threw her over my shoulder and into my car ignoring her the whole ride as she practically cursed me out while calling me all types of names.
“She’s upstairs,” The leech said I nodded and carried Angel up until I reached her room. I peeked in seeing her grandmother on the floor with candles spread out. She looked up at me with a cold stare before gesturing me in.
“Take off her coat,” I did as I was instructed and stripped Angel down to her T-shirt and pants, before carrying her over to the circle, I placed her in the center and stepped back.
“You can leave now,” she grumbled I’m guessing she’s still mad about earlier, but honestly I don’t care, I just want my mate to be better and I think she’s the only one who can make her better. I left out and sat by the door, I turned on my phone and connected to the camera inside her room, just to see exactly what she does. Her grandmother looked directly at the camera and glared before the screen turned black. I frowned and tapped my phone before groaning. Of course it’ll mess up when I need it. I sighed and leaned against the wall. The only thing I can do is wait for her.

2 hours later