That's Weird

Chapter 18:

Arabella's POV:

"ARABELLA GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!" My dad bellows. I walk downstairs to see my dad opening the fridge grabbing a beer. "What do you want?" I ask as politely as I can. My dad looks at me.

"Your mom's gone."

"I know. She's been gone for 5 months." I narrow my eyes. I know he killed her.

"It's your fault! If you weren't such a disgrace, she'd still be here!"

"Mom. I know she's not around. But don't you place the blame on me, as you pour yourself another drink!" I point to the Bud Lite in his hand. Maybe I took it too far? Nope. "I remember when you admitted to Noah and me you killed her. You lied to the court though. And that's when I realized you were sick, and it wasn't fixable or changeable!" I continue.

My dad always is such a jerk! My mom probably got it the worst... "It was also when I remembered every time you told us you loved us. When you helped us when we were hurt!" I shake my head. "And all the medicine you fed us. And how I just want you to taste your own." My eyes are still narrowed, and I turn to walk away. I get stopped by my dad.

He grabs my shoulder and turns me to face him. He raises his hand as if about to hit me.

Then I wake up.

Good. It was all just a dream. I'm in my new house's living room on the couch. It's 3:26 AM, meaning 4:26 AM for Sam.

Sam.

Ugh why do I keep doing this?

Sam's POV:

I wonder what Chandler meant when he said I'll see Arabella soon. I'll ask him at lunch. So when lunch comes, I ask, "Hey Chandler-"

"Hey Sam! After school today we have to go to that fancy clothes store. Bye!" Then he runs off. The fancy clothes store is what we call Kate's Formal Wear at the mall.

Why does he want me to meet him there? Ok then...

After school I meet Chandler at the mall. We walk into Kate's and Chandler says, "Pick one out. My parents gave me money." I give him a weird look. "Ooh! And try to pick one that Arabella might like!"

Arabella's POV:

The next day I hang out with Katelyn and Tyler. Maybe they're not as crazy as I thought. It's just that Tyler feels almost no pain... And Katelyn is just a laugh-a-lot.

We decide to go for a walk We walk on the sidewalk as Tyler talks about the time he broke his arm because Katelyn accidentally pushed him off a swing when he was 8.

"MA'AM!! Uh... MA'AM!!" Katelyn screams at a lady walking a dog, with another dog in a stroller in the road. "Ma'am! Get out of the road! You're not supposed to walk in the road! That's what the sidewalk is for!" The lady doesn't hear. She keeps walking in the road with her little dogs. "Fine then. Walk in the road. I'd be fine if you died! Haha see what I did there? Arabella do you watch The Walking Dead?" She asks. I nod.

"Sorry Arabella. Katelyn has this huge crush on that Carl dude." Tyler apologizes.

I start laughing. "What's so funny?" Katelyn asks. I reply, "Because Chandler is like my best friend!" Katelyn widens her eyes. "Really?!?" She asks. I nod. "Yep!"

"Did he think you were cute? You know. Just wondering!" Tyler says all of a sudden. I look at him strangely. His eyes widen, as well. "... Yes... Why are you asking me this?" I ask. Tyler ignores me but asks, "Are y'all like... Dating?" He asks. I shake my head. I don't want to bring up Sam, or I'll burst into tears. "Good..." Tyler mutters.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!!!"

That's weird.

(A/N I know in Arabella's dream I took the lyrics from a song, you don't have to tell me. I also know I changed the words a little to make it make more sense. Again, you don't have to tell me about that. I want Headlights to be my theme song for this story 😊)

PS: thank you guys so much! 320 views, 25 votes! I'm so proud! I'm going to post a really good chapter to thank y'all (;

PPS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEXIE 🎊🎉🎋😋