Laced - Chapter 68 (Delving Into the Past)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

TRIGGER WARNING: PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ABUSE PORTRAYED IN THIS CHAPTER.

~~

Zayn's POV

There's a throbbing pain at the base of my skull, and on the side of my temple. Really, that's all I can process as I slowly start getting feeling back to my body.

I still can't open my eyes, but I feel my stomach turning. A second later, I jolt right up, sitting and leaning to the side, throwing up a lot of the alcohol I'd managed to swallow down.

It leaves a putrid taste in my mouth, and I can't stop myself from coughing.

When I bring my hand up to wipe at my mouth, I finally open my eyes and suck in a breath.

"Fuck."

"You weren't supposed to fucking pass out, you bastard." I hear Sebastian's voice come from above me. It almost sounds like he was panicked - his words were rushed.

I try to answer, but end up coughing again, struggling to get up. There was too much alcohol in my system, and it was making my coordination hideously impaired. I could feel on my neck where Sebastian tightly gripped it, his fingers digging into my skin.

When I realize Sebastian has crouched down next to me, I don't stop my arm when it swings at him, my fist colliding with his face.

There's a sickening crunch of the man's nose, and he falls back.

When I finally stand up, I feel dizzy - the world around me was a blur.

Focus, Zayn, focus, I scold myself.

"Fuck you, Malik!" Sebastian cries, bringing his hand up to his now most-probably broken nose.

"Fuck you too," I snap at him. Somehow, passing out had managed to sober me up, just a tiny bit. I was still severely drunk, but I sobered up enough so that I could try and deal with the situation around me. "How'd you find me here?"

When Sebastian stands up, he maintains a good distance from me, and there's a steady stream of blood running down from where he had his nose covered by his hand. "I traced your fucking phone number, dumbass. Got the address, and came here," he explains.

I close the distance between us and push down on his back, bending him over. "Apply pressure to your nose, and keep it bent forward. Don't put your head back unless you want to choke on your own blood," I advise, but anger filters through my words, making them seem hostile.

His eyes widen at my sudden aid, but he quickly does as I say.

"Who let you in?" I ask. I'm going to fucking kill whatever guard decided it was okay to let him in without my permission.

His voice comes out nasally as he's pressing down on his nose to stop the bleeding. "Your brother."

Fucking Caleb. Of course. 

I let out a sigh, "I'm going to kill him."

"I'm going to kill you," Sebastian retorts, but I can't take him seriously because of his hideously nasally voice. It was almost comical, had it not been for the reason why he was here.