[Teaser] Chapter 1: The White Wolf {Savage}

This is the first part of chapter 1. Should I continue, or not? I had this idea a while ago and decided to write it down but I'm not sure if I should go on. Please let me know what you guys think.

-I have like have the whole story planned =D

__________________

{1} The Forest Ghosts {savage}

Chapter 1 [teaser]:The White Wolf

I forced my legs faster, pushing myself harder. Cool sweat trickled down my spine, running through my dark fur. My heart was pumping blood at a mile a minute; I could feel the uneven thump-thump as it pounded against my chest trying to break free. I could hear the rushing of blood pounding behind my ears and feel the wind whip past me as I ran faster than I'd ever gone before. My paws hit the ground running, ripping up the lush grass that padded my paws, from the force and ferociousness as my claws dug into the dirt.

The forest flew by in a blur of vibrant greens and earthy browns, I loved the forest; usually it was so peaceful and if I wasn't running for my life I would have stopped to admire the view. I could hear the thundering of paws behind me and they were slowly gaining on me. I was faster than they were, I had that to my advantage, but they had longer, much more powerful limbs. If I didn't reach the fence soon, I'd be done for.

I burst through the tree line and into a large unfamiliar clearing filled with the strange scents of other were animals. My eyes darted around, scanning the area in one quick sweep, looking for some way out of my predicament. Nothing. I risked a glance behind me and found my pursuers way too close for comfort. I took off, doubling my speed. My legs were moving so fast they were nothing more than a blur, my body weaving agilely through more trees, faster than a rocket. To an onlooker I'd be nothing more than a streak of black fur that could be questioned as a trick of the imagination.

My muscles burned from exhaustion, my whole body was numb and everything felt so surreal. I was slightly light headed and giddy due to the adrenaline and endorphins pumping through my veins. 'Where am I?' I thought desperately. I'd been concentrating so hard on out running the wolves that I'd lost track of where I was. I snarled quietly at my own stupidity knowing I'd more or less dug my own grave.

I rounded trees, abruptly taking a sharp left in hopes of losing them, though I knew it was a vein wish but I had to try all the same. As I turned a wide river's mouth came into my view, unsure of whether or not I should attempt to jump it, I slowed my pace a little. My hesitation was my ultimate down fall. By the time I'd decided to jump it I was too late, I'd gotten too close to the river bank; if I jumped now I would land somewhere in the middle and I wasn't about to backtrack and have another attempt at running it.

My breath caught in my throat at the sound of heavy paws thwacking the earth beneath them, they were close. I veered further to the left hoping I could skirt around the river for a while but it was useless. I stopped dead in my tracks at the sight of a large brown wolf in front of me, blocking my escape. Snarling viciously I crouched low, ready to pounce in an instant if my attacker moved so much as a half inch. Behind me the sound of running came to a halt.

Realising I was surrounded I turned slowly, backing up a few paces so I wouldn't have any to my back, not taking my eyes off the wolf in front of me who was clearly the 'alpha' of their little, illegitimate pack of outlaws. In my peripheral vision I monitored the movements of the two other wolves, a large grey and a smaller black one, watching to make sure there would be no surprise attack.

I was tempted to turn tail and run, but I knew better than to leave my back unprotected in such a threat as this. The alpha wolf growled at me making his message clear; 'submit.' My lips pulled back over my teeth as I snarled in outrage, my ears laying flat on my head. My hackles rose and my tail whipped savagely from side to side as I fought with my inner beast, trying to stop myself from trying to rip his head off and entering a battle I would surely lose. Three mature male wolves and one female panther that could still be classified as a cub? Not good odds.

But in the end my inner beast won...