The Legend of Shadow Falls

Hundreds of years ago a young princess, was getting ready for the night of the Shadow ball in the town of Shadow falls. The princess was so excited about the dance. She had a brand new white dress and shoes. As the princess got ready, that night she made her blonde curly hair look beautiful and made sure all eyes would be on her when she entered the ball room. When she was ready to go to the dance, her mother, the queen, came into her room looking pale.

"You are not going to that dance," her mother said solemnly.

"WHAT?! Why?" the young princess whined to her mother.

"I've just been talking to your grandmother. She says the dance is going to be for the prince of the night. He is looking for a young maiden to become his queen and rule the undead with him. You are absolutely forbidden to go," her mother said firmly.

The princess, paled with anger, and threw a huge fit in, she screamed, and cursed, she yelled and broke vases, but eventually nodded pretending she accepted her mother's words.

Except, the princess was determined to go to the ball, therefore, as soon as her mother was busying herself with royal duties, the princess ran down a secret passage to the Lake where the dance was being held.

As soon as she walked into the room, all the dukes, princes, lords and kings turned to look at her. She smirked at all the attention, loving every second of it. The men in her kingdom were fighting with each other to dance with her.

After dancing for half the night, it was 11: 55 pm, and the ball was still going strong, the young princess broke away from the crowd and went to the table to get something to eat and drink.

Then, she heard everyone’s happy chatter, die down to rapid whispers. The music stopped, and people stopped talking all together, and she turned and saw a handsome man with jet black hair and matching clothes standing next to her

"Dance with me," he demanded

She managed a firm and snobby "yes", completely stunned by this gorgeous man. He led her out on the dance floor; the music came to life once again, along with the party. She found herself dancing better than she had ever danced before. They were the center of attention, and she loved all the eyes on her, every guy looking at her, and being with this beautiful creature then she heard the clock strike midnight, and the strangest thing occurred. The stranger and the princess went in circles all the way from the dance floor, down the beach, and danced on top of the lake water. The man spun her around and around. He spun her faster and faster to the center of the lake. She was spinning so fast that water began to make a wall around the two of them dancing on the water, then there was a horrible scream and the water settled, the princess was gone. And in her place, an equivalent of the man, a women, dressed in black, with  long black hair, her face and hands were covered in blood and she said to the man on the water "She is not the one" in a ominous voice, then the man and women in black bowed to the crowd and disappeared.

The prince of the dead had come to the ball and he had spun the girl all the way to his kingdom, to make her, his bride of the un-dead, but, his sister had disapproved of the princess because of her lack of kindness to other, responsibility and obedience therefore, she killed the selfish princess.

Ever since then, the Lake is said to be haunted by the two siblings.

If a boy wonders to the lake at midnight, he would dance with the prince’s sister to the center of the lake, and be asked a question of true strength. If he had succeeded, the shadows would not eat him, and the prince would not kill him if he, the prince, approves the boy, he would become the next heir to the throne, if the prince did not approve the boy, he would kill the child, and feed him to the shadows

As for the girls, it would be to see who would become queen of the undead, the girl would be brought to the lake, and would dance with the prince to the center of the lake and be asked a question to prove her strength, when the girl answers the question wrong, the shadows eat her, when she answers it write, the sister inspects her, and if she disapproves, she kills the girl and feeds her to the tormented shadows, they are found washed up on the shore with missing body parts, blood drained from them completely or just one body part is found of the child, most of the time it is there heart that is found on the lakes beaches, other times its their eyes...