"You're crazy." I mumbled shakily.

"Oh, I know. Boys, put them in the basement for at least half an hour. Give them some time to think and give Evangeline time to rejuvenate."

Ron shoved Nate downstairs and Michael didn't leave without a growl and a bit of a fight.

"I hope they choose carefully." She whispered in my ear as they left. "Because one way or another, you're a distraction to both of them. And you will die and you will be mine. By the way, you taste absolutely delicious. At least now I can understand why Michael kept you."

I didn't even try to reply as she basically carried me downstairs.

She placed me on the ground against the wall with a wink and walked out.

And then Michael was up and next to me within seconds of the door closing. He gathered me onto his lap and cradled me to his chest. I didn't cry, although the throbbing pain in my neck was still there. I just sat there and let him stroke, touch and soothe me. He was asking me if I was okay, moving my hair from my neck to look at my wound. He'd even surprised me by ripping off a piece of his t-shirt to wipe the blood off my neck. I've never felt so tired. So, weak. Sure, her blood was healing me quicker than when Michael's did probably because of the amount I'd swallowed but still, I was weak.

But I needed to speak to both of them. 

I sat there unmoving or even able to move for fifteen, twenty minutes maybe before I glanced across the room at Nate sitting against the wall with his eyes closed. His lips were moving and from what I could see he was counting to ten.

But then I turned back to Michael. "I'm so sorry." I croaked before clearing my throat.

He shook his head but he didn't reply. I couldn't choose. Think about it, the decision to have someone killed? To choose who you'd prefer to live? Yes, I love Michael unbelievably so and I would give my life for him. But to choose for someone to live and die is a horrible thing to do. No matter whom the people are.

"Nate," I lifted my head. 

He didn't open his eyes but he'd stopped moving his lips.

"You didn't know."

"No, I didn't." He replied. "And Michael, to set the record straight the only reason I stayed with her is because I didn't know you were alive."

"I couldn't care less." Michael growled. "All I care about is getting Evie out of this alive. She won't be Florence's."

"I figured you'd say that." Nate surprised me by chuckling. "I mean, you've been controlling the shots ever since we were younger why not now?"

"Listen-"

"No, I'd rather not. I'd rather embrace my death like the man I am." Nate flashed him a thumbs up and I blinked at him. I haven't seen this side of him since we first met.

"You've grown into an even bigger asshole than I thought. I don't understand why Evie would even consider being friends with you."

They were talking about me as if I weren't here. As if I weren't sitting on Michael's lap. As if I was that delusional right now that their words were just rolling into one. They were wasting time because we needed a plan and fast.

"Maybe she finds something in me that isn't in you. Like a damn backbone for one. You were standing up there like Florence owns everything." 

I ignored them as I started to think. I didn't have my phone on me; I left it on the table in the study. 

"Well, if you haven't bloody noticed, Nathaniel, but she does own us. Being reckless like you were upstairs will get us nowhere."

I slid Michael's phone out of his pocket and checked the signal. None. Not even a bar.