Sister Dear[5](Edited)

To my utter surprise, Jacob's steady breaths and light snoring lulled me into a dreamless sleep. I didn't toss or turn, I was motionless, and exhausted. It seemed, though, that the face of that woman never left my memory; it never failed to pop up behind my cloudy eyelids as I dozed. I couldn't help the overwhelming feeling of fear that consumed me, the utmost terror that overpowered me to an extreme that was unfathomable to possibly anyone on the planet.

And that wolf, how can I explain that? He was huge, and a deep russet color, his eyes were a deep chocolate brown, that seemed extremely familiar, and emotion was easily detected. Was it really possible that an animal could feel concern for a complete stranger? For someone that was relatively new to the area, and hadn't even had a chance to bond with it? Someone that wouldn't even contemplate associating with such a wild creature? I was shocked at the worry in his eyes, at the loving nature it possessed, and at its closeness. Things have been so strange since I left Florida, and I didn't know what to make of it.

Movement jostled me awake, and I looked up, to see Jacob staring down at me, a slight smile playing on his lovely face. "Hey, Ari. Are you all right?"

"I think so, just a lot of things going on in my little blonde brain." I smiled back.

"Oh, damn. The world is coming to an end!"

"Shut up, Black! This is serious! I'm freaking the hell out!" I squeaked, feeling anxiety creep over me.

"What are you freaking out about, Rabbit?"

"I saw this crazy lady with red eyes, she was trying to kill me, Jacob. And I saw a wolf, a huge wolf, and he looked really worried about me. And then I heard you talking to that Sam guy about a light coming out of me, and I feel like I am getting all messed up again. Or that maybe the world is really trying to kill me, because the cancer didn't." I said in one breath, stumbling over the words.

Jacob just stared at me wide eyed and opened mouthed, not knowing what to say, and probably not knowing how to feel. A conflicted look crossed his face, and his jaw snapped shut, his eyes returned to their warmness, and he placed his large hand on my cheek.

"Ari, its nothing. You fell asleep. It was just a dream." He whispered.

I jolted upright, and jumped off of the couch, standing tall and angry, then slowly turned to face Jacob. "It wasn't a dream, Jake! I felt it, it was real! Her hands were so cold, and her eyes were crimson enough to be blood. She was malicious, and terrifying, and I know she was really there. And the wolf was there too, if it wasn't for that damn wolf, I am absolutely positive that I would be dead. It wasn't a dream."

"I don't know what you are talking about, Aribella." Jacob told me, almost silently.

"Oh, really, How did I get here, then? Why does my head hurt? Why did you ask if I was all right when I woke up? Why do I still feel her hands on me? Why do I feel like I want to die again, Jacob? Tell me why!" He stared at me stunned, his jaw practically touching the ground. "Tell me why I saw your mom, and why she told me that I needed to stay, because you need me?"

I turned on my heel, and exit out of the familiar House Of Black, passing a very concerned and shocked Billy in the living room before lightly closing the door behind me. I felt tears streaming down my face yet again, and stormed into the woods. If this woman is still here, maybe Jacob will finally believe me once he finds me dead. I wasn't not looking to die, as much as I was looking for proof. I know these things happened, and there was no stopping me once I get started. I was hell bent on getting evidence of this monsters existence, and I was sincerely hoping that I could see the wolf again, so that it knew I was all right, aside from my anger.

Four men strutted out of the trees towards me, and I tried to push passed them, digging my elbows into their ribs and shoving them off to the side with all of my strength. But they were just like Jacob. Tall and built, handsome and tan. I was completely powerless against them, and there was no way that I could break through. So I settled for walking around.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa Short Stack. Where do you think you're going?" One asked haughtily.

"Where does it look like I'm going?" I sneered. "Into the woods to find some psycho that tried to kill me earlier."

"So this is Bella's sister?" The youngest looking individual asked.

"I have a name, you know." I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Right!" The haughty one spoke again. "Well, this is Seth," He pointed to the youngest one. "These are Embry and Quil," He pointed at two others that looked like close friends. "And I am Paul."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm Ari, blah, blah, blah. Now move!" I tried to get passed them again, heading for the tree line.

The three of them each grabbed a limb or two, and start back to Jacob's house. That's when I began to kick and struggle; I didn't want to go back there.

"Take me home!" I yelled. "I don't want to go back to someone that thinks I'm delusional. Take me home."

Seeming startled by my request, the ones that were introduced as Quil and Embry took me to a rusted truck and set me in the passengers seat, climbing into the other 2 seats themselves.

We didn't speak a word the entire drive to my house, and that I was fine with. It left me to my thoughts. I was going to tell Bella what happened, she's my big sister, she should believe me. I would never lie to her, I also needed to tell her that I didn't mean the things that I said when I left. I knew that she cared about me, she just left at a bad time was all. And if she didn't believe me, then I was on my own. If I were to tell dad, he would put me in a psych ward for sure, and that meant that I would have no one. No Jake, no Bella, and no Dad. I would be alone with the woman that tried to kill me, whether she was only in my memory or not, and the wolf that saved my life. Completely and utterly alone.

The car came to a stop, and I jumped out, racing though the door and up the stairs to the room Bella and I share. Dad was at work, so it was just me and her. I swung the door open and fell into Bella's arms, crying hysterically, and she began stroking my hair, and shushing me.

"Ari, baby, its okay... Shhh." Bella cooed

"Bella, someone tried to kill me." I wailed through my tears.