Chapter 7: Seized

"You two..." Seamus grumbled with his arms folded behind himself. His eyes shot down at the men laying on the floor of the dungeon cell before him, writhing around to find a way to free themselves to no avail. "You are to stay here until a fit punishment is found for you by the king."

The thief and his friend kicked and yelled as they rolled over onto their knees, but could not argue validly. Their chains wrattled ferociously around their wrists and ankles. Seamus and the guards had turned and left before he could say one word.

"God dammit, Eddie. We fucked up." He mumbled as his movements steadied, dropping his head. Eddie grunted and threw his weight against the cold stone wall behind him. His eyes slowly shut as a sharp breath was let into his system.

"There's nothing we can do. We tried."

"Eddie!" Aleks turned around, a horrified look on his face. "I'm about to fucking die! You know I have a past with Jordan, and now he has me in the palm of his hand, and I'm screwed." His breath was shaking and hard and his chest was heaving up and down in a rough pattern. "If he doesn't order someone to kill me right then and there, I don't know what kinds of horrible punishments I'll get."

"I was the one that stabbed the guard guy and knocked a few of 'em up. You don't think I'll be goin' the same way as you?"

"No, I don't, Sly."

An eerie silence of despair set in between them as they accepted their fate, until broken by an "...I'm sorry." from Eddie. Aleks looked up into his friend's eyes to see him smiling lightly as a tear slowly rolled down his cheek. "But, no matter what happens to us, I'll be glad that I got to spend so much time with you." He cracked out.

Aleks returned to his former state, unable to deal with the feelings his friend was giving him right now.

"Eddie, tha... Thank you." He choked out in a raspy voice, his eyes locked onto the floor.

"We'll make it through this, I promise. We'll find a way. We always do. For now, don't be such a little bitch." Eddie snapped out of his sappy state, furrowing his eyebrows. "Let's get down to business and come up with a plan."

Aleks nodded and sat up as he heard guards begin to move in, but ignored it completely.

He could not recall what had happened in the next few moments.

-

Seamus' footsteps echoed down the dreary hallway. No noises emanated from the castle ever since the events at the ceremony. The kingdom was left in a haze of grey despair. Even the villagers had fled to their homes, shutting their windows and curling up to avoid the outside world. Although the culprits were caught, they couldn't trust anyone, or anything.

A low groan rose from one of the rooms to the left of Seamus. His footsteps slowed down, until he finally brought himself to a stop in the middle of the hall. The silence set in once again, making Seamus almost even more uncomfortable than he was before. Moments later, the groan sounded once again, accompanied by the creaking of a wooden bed frame.

Seamus bit into the side of his mouth as he contemplated over his decision to enter the room. What was going on in there?

He put his thoughts away and approached the door, raising his fist to knock. He stayed there for a moment, waiting to see if anything else would occur. After finding no results out of this, he clutched the doorknob and gently twisted it. As he pushed the door open, a quiet creak piercing into the silence, a man came into view. He was laying down on the bed in the room right next to the stained glass window, the covers pulled over his frail looking body. He wheezed softly and sharply, sounding like a pathetic attempt at a cough.