Chapter Fifty Four

I stared down at Tristan, his mouth slighty opened and a soft groan mingled with his breath came out of it. I felt my heart thumping wildly against my chest. I knew this day would come, I knew he'd wake up. So many emotions ran through me and I didn't know what to do with them.

"Tristan, do you hear me? Please, open your eyes." I desperately begged him.

His eyes slowly opened in a slit and quickly closed. Fear struck through me, I didn't want him to close his eyes. Natatakot ako na baka hindi niya na idilat ulit iyon. 

"Mahal ko." I called him as I took his hand in mine and squeezed it. He slightly opened his eyes again and looked at me but he didn't seem to take me in fully. There was a glazed and confused look on his face, he looked disoriented. For a moment, he darted his eyes around the room. Then he blinked as though trying to focus.

"Tristan." A smile spread across my lips as tears continued to blur my vision. I was trembling with anticipation and happiness. He was finally awake. I knew he would never leave me again. Hindi niya magagawang iwan ako at ang anak namin. He knew how much we needed him.

His eye flickered to mine, holding my gaze. A flood of warmth flooded my chest as I look back at those familiar pair of eyes that made me fall in love every single time. I felt him softly squeeze my hand back sending a rush of all kinds of emotions. 

"A... Andi..." He said weakly forcing it out of his mouth. I smiled even wider when I heard him say my name, making my eyes water more. Tears of happiness came streaming down them. I was happy to be there when he woke up, I was happy I was the first person he saw when his eyes opened, I was happy he could talk and that he was alive.

"I'm here." I leaned down to his face and cupped it in my hands. "Nandito lang ako, mahal." I said before I kissed him on the forehead, the tip of his nose and finally his lips. I looked at him after giving him kisses, he gave me a weak smile and lifted his hand up to touch my cheek and wipe away my tears. I closed my eyes and nuzzled my face against his palm, feeling his warmth. I had missed him so much, his kiss and his touch. "I knew you wouldn't quit." I sobbed. I didn't let go of his hand as I kept telling him I love him. 

He tried to sit up but couldn't. A pained moan escaped his lips. I gently pushed his shoulders down, not wanting him to hurt himself.

"Don't move, just lay down." I calmly said to him. "I'll call the doctor."

I reached for the intercom button next to his bed to call his doctor. I told the nurse on the end of the intercom that Tristan was finally conscious. Two doctors and three nurses quickly came to check him up.

"Do you remember how you got here?" Tanong sa kanya ng isa sa mga doktor.

He shook his head and tried to talk in a dry, weak voice. "I... I don't..."  

"It's okay, don't force yourself to talk. You got in a car accident and sustained serious cranial fractures." The doctor explained.