Chapter 16: Mr. Gotti

Kyra POV:

RJ had taken me to a park. At the moment, we were walking side by side down a long trail making small talk. RJ was pretty funny in his own way. He was rough and ghetto as hell but he could still find a way to be goofy as ever. I was truly enjoying myself with him. He even told me about his mom and how she died of breast cancer. That was a serious moment and that's when I felt we sort of bonded. I told him the full story of my mom and that's how he was able to tell me about his mom. He loved her more than anything in the world, I could tell just by the way he spoke of her. I felt like I was seeing a different side of him and I kinda liked it.

"So, you havin fun wit me?" he asked me.

"Yeah, surprisingly." I said, teasing him. He rolled his eyes.

"Ha ha, very funny. Well, anyways, we gon have to leave in a second cuz I got some errands to run." he said.

"That's cool." I said. We turned around and began walking back to his car. Once we got there, he opened the door for me and then got in on his side. He had been doing that all day. It was kinda weird compared to when we had first met and he never even looked like he'd make a motion to open my door. But I wasn't complainin though.

"So where we goin first?" I asked. He chuckled.

"I really need to teach you some patience." he said. I rolled my eyes.

"Being patient is boring." I replied.

"Being patient is required in my job occupation. It's the difference between gettin money or bein broke and sometimes even life and death." he replied pullin onto the road. I nodded in understanding. For some reason I keep forgettin that RJ is the son of Roman Gotti, the most feared man on this side of the country. It's almost uncanny how much I have trouble realizing just how dangerous RJ is capable of being. As I thought about it, a question formed in my head.

"Umm... RJ, can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"You gon ask whether I say yes or no anyway." he said with a smirk.

"Have you ever..... killed somebody?" I asked. He pulled up to a stoplight and looked over at me.

"You want the truth?" he asked. I nodded slowly.

"I've killed a total of 12 men, 4 women and a couple animals. The only thing I refuse to kill is a child. That shit is just monsterous to me. Only a sick mufucka would kill a child." he replied. I nodded.

Wow. He's killed 16 people.

"Were the people you killed bad people or innocent people?" I asked.

"Some were, some weren't. Either way it goes, if you wrong the Gottis, the Gottis wrong you." he said. I nodded again. I really didn't even know how to process the idea of RJ killing somebody. I knew that he was perfectly capable and more than brave enough but, for whatever reason, the image of him physically ending someone's life just didn't seem realistic.

"Now, if you're done asking me questions, you can get out of the car now." he said. I looked out of the carr, just now noticing that he had stopped and parked in front of an old run down house in what seemed like a bad neighborhood.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Trap house." was his simple answer. I looked at him like he was crazy.

"A Trap house?! Are you outta your fuckin mind?! Why would you bring me here?!" I yelled.

"I told you I had errands to run and you said you was cool wit it now close yo mouth and stick close to me. When we go in, don't speak unless you're spoken too and even then, don't say anything until I tell you it's okay. Understand?" he said. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him. He didn't say another word and began walking towards the door. I hurried behind him and made sure I was so close, I could feel his body heat. He took a key out of his pocket and walked to the back of the house. Once we got to the back door, he unlocked it and stepped in. The sickly sweet smell of weed and other narcotics filled my nostrils and instanly made me nauseous. The second thing I noticed were the weapons placed all in a row on top of a large table. They ranged from small hand guns to huge military issued assault rifles. I felt like I had stepped into the movie Scarface. When we had successfully walked through the back room, we entered another room that was like an enormous kitchen except. . . there were tables all in a row of naked women wearing only gloves and face masks, cutting up and packaging a white powdery substance. It didn't take a rocket scientist for me to figure out what the white powder was and I gasped. RJ looked back at me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me forward with him. He nodded to a big buff man standing in the corner holding a large gun and the man nodded back then looked at me.