Chapter1

Hey Kadence,

So check it out my parents will be gone this weekend and I know a couple guys that are throwing a HUGE party.  I was thinking about having some of you guys sleep over and go hang out with some hot seniors from Thompson High.  I met some of them through my ex-boyfriend and I just continued to talk to Nathan.  OMG he is to die for.  Him and his friends are crazy edible I swear, so I thought it would be a great idea to take you and Sadie to get your minds off of the latest break ups.  Let me know what you want to do okay?  You know it will be a memory that’ll last forever. 

P.S

Write back when you get a chance.      ;) Brooke

Brooke was always trying to get us in trouble anytime we were in History class.  It didn’t matter to her really, all she ever wanted to do was hang out with some boy, school work came last for her.  Her reputation at school wasn’t the best, but she could really knew how to be a good friend when she wanted to be.  I went to open my binder to start writing her back when I sensed a shadow hover over me.  “Pardon Ms. Sullivan, is there something you’d like to share with the whole class or shall we discard of the note that you are so amusingly interested in?”  Mr. Oliver stared down at me with arms folded across his chest.  “Uh no Mr. Oliver, I was just cleaning some stuff out of my binder.  But thank you for the concern, I almost lost interest in the history lesson.”  Mr. Oliver nonchalantly laughed under his breath while shaking his head and slowly walking away.  I was definitely not one to argue with my teachers, but Mr. Oliver wasn’t just any teacher at this school.  He was probably one of the biggest flirts in this High school.  It was a natural reaction to be a smartass to him.  Thankfully minutes later the bell rang and the whole class quickly pushed themselves through the door without saying a single goodbye to Mr. Oliver.  

                The day was half way over for us and I couldn’t have been more relieved in my life.  After fourth period the girls and I always met at Devyn’s Locker since it was center of all our classes.  She was already standing there putting away her binders and notebooks before we walked to lunch.  Devyn was the laid back one in the group of friends.  She was always there to lean on when you needed someone and was definitely my other half.  The night that Nick and I had broken up I went straight to her house.  I was so upset with how he ended it, it made him seem like such an asshole much like the rest of the males at this school.  I had been with Nick for quite some time, we had known each other since we were little.  He was my first kiss and my first heart ache now.  I wasn’t sure for a while how I was going to spend 5 days out the week seeing him, especially since I shared the next 3 classes with him after lunch.  “Hey girl hey” Devyn said excitingly once she realized I was standing there waiting for the others.  I just put on a quick smile for her.  She could easily tell I was still heartbroken from Nick’s stupid self.  “You know this will get easier sooner than later.  Your first heart ache will always be your worse.  But my honest opinion Kadence, I think you should at least let him explain.”  Just as I was about to speak, Brooke and Sadie came running and thrusting themselves at us.  I forcefully was slammed into the long row of metal lockers from the force those two used to push me and Devyn.  All of us couldn’t do anything except laugh at ourselves.  On our way to lunch Nick passed me grabbing my wrist and pulling me back unexpectedly.  I was so unsure of what he was doing, nothing could come to my mind as to why he would even try to talk to me at this moment.  I was still certainly pissed off at him and he damn well should have known that.  Knowing how mad I was at him something inside of me still allowed him to speak to me even though my brain was trying to forbid it.  The truth was no matter how mad I tried to be at him, I still loved him.  “Kadence can we please talk?  Look I messed up ok, I get that but please don’t just shut me out like this.”  Nick looked at me with complete and utter sorrow in his eyes, but I couldn’t give in.  “Look Nick I gave you a chance, I thought you were one person I could trust not to hurt me.  But I guess I was wrong, you cheated on me and with one of the sluttiest girls imaginable.  What do you expect me to do forgive you and just come running back into your arms?”  I tried so hard to keep my tears back.  I was done crying I couldn’t do it anymore, not this time, I had to be stern.  His face dropped to the floor, it looked like he’d just been hit with a truck.  “Kadence, if there is any way for you to forgive me and maybe just keep me as a friend please do.  I fucked up, I know this but please don’t shut me out of your life.  I still want to be there for you like I always have been since we were three.”  I could see that he had accepted the fact that I just couldn’t bring myself to be with him, at least not now.  He was right though, he had always been there since we were kids protecting me.  Brooke came over snapping me back into reality.  “Hey hot single lady, we on for this weekend or what?  Devyn and Sadie are all for it, just waiting on you.”  She looked at Nick with a horrible smirk, as if she couldn’t be more obvious that she hated his guts.  “What party is she talking about Kadence?”  Nick interjected just as I was about to give her an answer. I looked at him with hesitation unable to tell him that I was actually thinking about going to this party.  Why would he even care though?  He cheated on me, he chose a slut over a year relationship.  I looked back up to him, when suddenly Brooke snapped “It’s a party with some of my friends from Thompson High, not that it’s any of your business pretty boy.”